Debate on Cruise line between friends

Our Motto, go cheap go often! 

I think for most hard working middle class folks out there  price is the deciding factor.

Done both CCL and RCI and always booked based on price.

I think CCL gets a bad rap but it is generally a more upbeat fun crowd, sometimes a lot more kids too if that is a problem for you, some drunks on CCL but I have seen no more than RCI.

Food...MDR about the same,

Buffet - RCI,

Pizza and Ice Cream - CCL (way  better) 

Shows - RCI,

Clubs - CCL,

And i think every ship is so different that a more accurate assessment is ship to ship, not line to line...Cheers! 

Ron

@bburk00. OMG! How horrible!  I hope You kept on them and contacted someone for compensation!  See, I just feel when you offer the very low price Carnival gives, you get low crap like that on the ship. That is so sad for you and your family!  I hope you have a fantastic time and please let me know how you like Royal! I'm sure your son will love it! My boys did! 😊

3 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

@bburk00. OMG! How horrible!  I hope You kept on them and contacted someone for compensation!  See, I just feel when you offer the very low price Carnival gives, you get low crap like that on the ship. That is so sad for you and your family!  I hope you have a fantastic time and please let me know how you like Royal! I'm sure your son will love it! My boys did! 😊

We did not request compensation from them, honestly I don't want anything from them. We booked a short 4 day to use up the future cruise credits from cancelling all of our other cruises with them. We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Anthem, this will be our first star class experience.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, Daisymae14 said:

Thank you @Heatherco!  We are in much debate at the moment...lol We all love fun and sun, not full on day and night drinkers...just casual girl fun and relax!  Trying to pinpoint best itinerary, food and price. 5 day is perfect for us. ( age group 45-50 )

Look at Virgin. They are an adult only line. Cruise fare includes taxes, wifi, gratuities. No drink packages, so should not be any “get my money worth” drinkers.

Also look at MSC.  Great values. Beautiful ships.