car hire

hammo

Trying to find about any car hire availability in any ports when we arrive  on our Solstice cruise April 1 - 14 . Stops are , Bay of Islands ,Lautoka , Suva , Apia , Pago Pago , Vavau , Nukaulofa .

Just looking to sightsee , maybe swim etc - have been before and would rather not take cruiseship excursions etc . Any advice would be most appreciated .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hammo!

Everyone here is kind of on island time already 😉

Also, car hire isn't that common on these port visits, but that said, it does happen though more often in Tahiti and Fiji (think Suva). You are stopping in some amazing places (I'm a bit envious!) and so while it's surely possible, these are the reasons it might requite a bit more waiting to get helpful answers. Not as many cruisers calling in these ports, fewer renting cars. In Fiji I just walked places. I can drive anywhere/anytime in New York City, my hometown which intimidates a LOT of people, but I'm less keen on driving places overseas! 

Nevertheless, I have faith in our amazing community, we have the best in the world, and that's not just me being biased–which I surely am, it's verified.  In the meantime, search back through our topics, you may just find what you need!

I hope when you return from your wonderful journey, you'll be back and let us know how it went. 🙂