Evening Chic - what do women REALLY wear these days?

NorthernLights45

We were on a Celebrity Mediterranean cruise a year and a half ago.  My husband didn't even pack a sport coat. He has some really nice dress shirts however.  He did not feel out of place at all.  I wore black slacks and a dressy blouse and flat shoes on "chic" nights.  Our comfort is more important than trying to impress.  One night I paired with a sparkly scarf, and one night I wore chunky but nice jewelry.  We ate in Luminae all nights.  We never felt underdressed at all.  Probably do the same thing on our next cruise in August.  Let me also say that we are Seniors.....if that makes a difference.  Seems like the younger couples do tend to dress up more.

I wear a broomstick skirt and tshirt , or jerseyknit dress....even capris and tshirt........anything you can snap out of a dryer and hang......very casual..I have ironed enough clothing during my service career , I am no longer a buttoned up, well pressed dress to impress kind of person.  Vacations should be comfortable and relaxing , there is no need to work a runway......Pictures not worth paying $25 for a sheet  I can take a nice photo at home.   To each their own...you do you

I will shamelessly admit decades ago on my first cruise, I wore a full length sparkly dress and four inch heels full glam all the way.  Last few cruises, I have a nice short sleeve lace top and nice black pants and flat ballet slippers.  It's dressy, but comfy. I also have a nice black dress that I will carry on longer cruises.

Like someone else stated, more about being comfy.