Restroom on Flights ffor Wheelchair Bound Travelers

judycruiser

I have a question for travelers who have this situation. This April cruise will be my first time flying and cruising since I became wheelchair bound.  I cannot stand.  This is a delicate question. I know airlines have an aisle chair to get you to the restroom but how do you get to the toilet once you are at the restroom door?  There's not room for my caregiver to assist me.

I really appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Judy

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

Hi, Judy. I can speak to this from experience with my husband, but I'd rather do it via message. Would you please enable messaging here, or email me at donna at lachances.com?

There is no messaging here.  EM

• 2 weeks later...

This has turned out to be my biggest hurdle when traveling with my adult disabled daughter, we both can't fit into the bathroom together. United wide body has accessible bathrooms that are huge! Check the seat map just to verify before you book or call them . I know on one flight we got my daughter to the back of the plane and the flight attendants pulled the curtain so I could stand outside the WC and help her. Getting to the back of the plane wasn't easy, the attendants had to make an announcement for everyone to stay in their seats so we could get the chair to the back of the plane. Good luck!