Cabanas

Hairy Harry

A couple of comments--I don't think much of the blue glass up front, I wonder why they chose to do that?

I too find the cabanas offensive, and from the picture, I can't see why they are desirable. Maybe if nobody rented them, they would do away with them. So why don't you loyal Oceania users start boycotting them?

But I can't imagine that there's not lots of things to see going through the Panama canal on all sides of the ship.

Thanks to all for your comments & explainations. Unfortunately, this world revolves around $$$$. If you pay more, most times you get more. If enough people find the exclusion from the cabanas as a negative & don't sail on the ship, the line will get the message. If enough people keep booking the cabanas as well as the cabins, then if you want a cabana view...rent a cabana. If you want an Owner's Suite view...rent one.

My 2 cents.

Rob:)

We just completed a very nice trip from Venice to Rome and noticed the addition of cabanas. We have cruised on Oceania previously and have more booked.

What we do not like about the cabanas is they take up such space and remove the area for enjoyment of all. We pay full price for cruises and Oceania should consider that cruisers pay their way and expect to enjoy the ship and views from all public areas. The cabanas reduce the public areas due to the "dollar" and management should be advised they are tinkering with a good thing.

Cabanas should be removed and the space turned back for the enjoyment of all fair paying cruisers as in the past. The Panama situation certainly calls for this. What about Amazon etc?

The same could be said for "special groups" who have been assigned exclusively a specialty restaurant for an evening which eliminates everyones option to use that evening especially on shorter cruises with no sea days.

Elwin

Mdmourges: the fact that something appears to be a reality to you does not render it beyond debate. Business 'facts' are highly debateable, at least from a sociological perspective.

Somehow I deleted half of my post. I was also going to observe that yes, they could make lots of smaller cabins; and then they could charge less and the people in them could be restricted to less pleasant areas of the ship, in fact they could even have no deck space at all. Maybe it could be called steerage class and the passengers therein could not be allowed to mix with those with money: now there's a cabana-esque idea. :D

p.s. title should read 'planted', not ''planeted'', evidently my capacity to spell has also been minimised.

Thought I'd just add a little note to the discussion....we've just returned from the Insignia, Rome to Athens and had a cabana booked for the entire trip. We enjoyed our inside cabin, deck 7 immensely and found having access to a cabana a little treat. While some of you believe these cabanas are for the 'rich' (to paraphrase), consider those of your fellow cruisers who can only dream of the veranda cabins and find cabanas a more accessible alternative.

I'd also like to add that on mornings when we ourselves were in the cabana to watch us coming into port, we'd leave open the rear canvas and actually asked the few who were up on that deck to feel free to come in.

Would I rent the cabana again? Perhaps, as I feel on port intensive cruises (as ours was) we found little time to actually use the cabana much. My husband on the other hand loved it and would do it again.:)

Archived