Recommendations for Shore Excursions

grandmamathtutor

2 hours ago, grandmamathtutor said:

I’ll be on the Celebrity Edge in June 26th.  Looking for suggestions for getting to and seeing Taormina.  

@grandmamathtutor

Howdy from Texas! emo22.gif Welcome back to Cruise Critic! I see it has been a while since you posted on the boards.

Thank you for your new thread on the Celebrity Cruises forum. 👍 

To help you out, I have moved this thread to the Ports of Call - Europe - Mediterranean - Eastern & Western - Italy Ports forum where it will be on-topic. That's where all things Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina & Venice are discussed. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.  

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

17 minutes ago, grandmamathtutor said:

I will be on the Celebrity Edge leaving Rome on June 26, 2020:  Italy and the Greek Islands.  

I would be interested in sharing cars at different ports.  I am traveling with my daughter and her two children, ages 16 and 13.  

My interests are as follows:

Messina:   I would like to see Taormina and the Blue Grotto, possibly go for a swim

Athens:  A  Tour of Athens with time in the Plaka.

Mykonos:  A short tour of the windmills and the old town with a stop at the beach.

Rhodes:  Jewish Rhodes and Lindus

Chania:  I would take suggestions.  It is too far to go to Knossos.  I've been even if the others haven't.

Naples:  I plan on going to Capri, unless the weather is too rough to take the hydrofoil.  Then I would share a ride to Sorrento.

Any suggestions and ways of going would be extremely helpful.  Also, some guides charge by the van.

For tour and ride shares, per Cruise Critic rules, you need to arrange these on your Roll call, located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/813-celebrity-edge-roll-calls/

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 3:23 AM, grandmamathtutor said:

I’ll be on the Celebrity Edge in June 26th.  Looking for suggestions for getting to and seeing Taormina.  

Hi. I visited Palermo last summer. I can suggest to go to see the old markets and the Cathedral. I participated to a walking tour organized by Europass Progetti di Viaggio Palermo (https://europass-palermo.jimdofree.com). You can try to contact the tour guide Fabrizio. During the tour we tasted the topical street food. The tour was very cheap.

Paul