Can I get 10% off and 50 shore excursion credit?

new2cruising2006

1 hour ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Yes, but just check your onboard account to make sure they take the 10% off. I’ve had to go to shore excursion desk in several cruises to report they didn’t take it off. It was no issue once I pointed it out.

Unfortunately, it's not just making sure they "do" take the 10% off, I was recently told that unless you go in person to the shorex desk on board, they will NOT take the 10% off if you have reserved your shorex pre-cruise (and not paid in advance), which is the common way of booking shorex when you have the $50 promo credit.

This is a well known issue and has been discussed in other threads.   We recently took a 20-day Panama Canal cruise on the Gem.  We had both the 10% Lats discount and the $50 shorex promo credit.  I booked three shorex pre-cruise by phone with NCL.  In each call, I raised the issue of the 10% Lats discount, and each rep assured me that the price for the shorex that would be posted to our account on board would be the price with that discount.  One of them even said that the discounted price is sent to the ship and it's the only price the ship would have to charge us.  Another rep candidly acknowledged that despite all of this, NCL on land was aware that the ships were NOT taking the 10% Lats discount off, unless the guest personally went to the shorex desk on board to claim the discount.  This rep said that NCL has written to the ships about that.

Fast forward to the cruise itself: as expected, the 10% discount was NOT applied to the price of the shorex posted to our onboard accounts.  When I went to the shorex desk to get the discounts and to complain about this, the rep told me that they have no way of knowing a guest's Latitudes status.  That is B.S.  (Apart from the fact that your Lats status is associated with your booking, the rep applied the discount to my wife's excursion as well, even though she was not there and I did not have her sea pass card with me.)

I am starting to believe this is intentional by NCL; some guests won't notice the missing discount, some will be discouraged by the frequently long lines at the shorex desk and not pursue it.  More money for NCL.   None of us should have to take up our time for a needless visit to the shorex desk, waste the time of the shorex rep, and delay the other guests in line who are waiting to book excursions on board.  

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Unfortunately, it's not just making sure they "do" take the 10% off, I was recently told that unless you go in person to the shorex desk on board, they will NOT take the 10% off if you have reserved your shorex pre-cruise (and not paid in advance), which is the common way of booking shorex when you have the $50 promo credit.

This is a well known issue and has been discussed in other threads.   We recently took a 20-day Panama Canal cruise on the Gem.  We had both the 10% Lats discount and the $50 shorex promo credit.  I booked three shorex pre-cruise by phone with NCL.  In each call, I raised the issue of the 10% Lats discount, and each rep assured me that the price for the shorex that would be posted to our account on board would be the price with that discount.  One of them even said that the discounted price is sent to the ship and it's the only price the ship would have to charge us.  Another rep candidly acknowledged that despite all of this, NCL on land was aware that the ships were NOT taking the 10% Lats discount off, unless the guest personally went to the shorex desk on board to claim the discount.  This rep said that NCL has written to the ships about that.

Fast forward to the cruise itself: as expected, the 10% discount was NOT applied to the price of the shorex posted to our onboard accounts.  When I went to the shorex desk to get the discounts and to complain about this, the rep told me that they have no way of knowing a guest's Latitudes status.  That is B.S.  (Apart from the fact that your Lats status is associated with your booking, the rep applied the discount to my wife's excursion as well, even though she was not there and I did not have her sea pass card with me.)

I am starting to believe this is intentional by NCL; some guests won't notice the missing discount, some will be discouraged by the frequently long lines at the shorex desk and not pursue it.  More money for NCL.   None of us should have to take up our time for a needless visit to the shorex desk, waste the time of the shorex rep, and delay the other guests in line who are waiting to book excursions on board.  

Exactly what we had to do 

New question: For our upcoming cruise there’s 3 of us and we have $100 per port excursion credit( got in on the extra $50 special they had) 

Say a excursion is $50 per person.....Do they credit it $33.33 for each person or would it be $50 credit for guests 1 and 2.  Thx 

4 hours ago, LaCal said:

New question: For our upcoming cruise there’s 3 of us and we have $100 per port excursion credit( got in on the extra $50 special they had) 

Say a excursion is $50 per person.....Do they credit it $33.33 for each person or would it be $50 credit for guests 1 and 2.  Thx 

The shore excursion credit is not divided by NCL among guests, it's posted to the shipboard account of the main guest after the excursion is taken.  You are all free to divide up your expenses and credits among yourselves as you see fit.

18 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The shore excursion credit is not divided by NCL among guests, it's posted to the shipboard account of the main guest after the excursion is taken.  You are all free to divide up your expenses and credits among yourselves as you see fit.

Anybody know if they will apply any extra to the 2nd person?  I have the $100 credit as well on an upcoming cruise and with my discount, some of my booked excursions will be less than the $100.  The plan is for the 2nd person to pay their own expenses but I'd like any remaining credits to offset their excursions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I was able to phone CS on board and have the Attitudes 10% applied...and I seem to recall it was stackable with the $50 credit. No need to line up at the desk. I don't recall reading anything in the terms and conditions that these two offers are mutually exclusive.

Definitely can use them both - but you will have contact the excursion desk to make the adjustment.  I've been told you can also put a note in the excursion box and they will take care of it as well.

7 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Anybody know if they will apply any extra to the 2nd person?  I have the $100 credit as well on an upcoming cruise and with my discount, some of my booked excursions will be less than the $100.  The plan is for the 2nd person to pay their own expenses but I'd like any remaining credits to offset their excursions.

Do you have the T&Cs for your promo?  Right now the T&Cs say the promo (back at $50 now) is applicable to "guest 1 in the stateroom."   

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Do you have the T&Cs for your promo?  Right now the T&Cs say the promo (back at $50 now) is applicable to "guest 1 in the stateroom."   

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

That's interesting to see (I usually travel solo).  But I'm pretty sure I've seen posts where people have stated that they have split the excursion credit when each individual was paying on a separate invoice.  Guess I'll find out when we go!

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

That's interesting to see (I usually travel solo).  But I'm pretty sure I've seen posts where people have stated that they have split the excursion credit when each individual was paying on a separate invoice.  Guess I'll find out when we go!

It doesn't hurt to talk to the shorex folks on board and see what they might do!   And perhaps it is different when two guests in a cabin are paying on a separate invoice; I have no experience with that.   Maybe folks who do will chime in.

Good luck!