Specialty Restaurant 3 Night Booking Question

Hi Everyone,  We are a group of 8 sailing on a 12 night Brilliance of the Seas cruise this summer.   I went to purchase the 3 night specialty dining package for all 8 of us.   We are in 3 rooms.   4 of us are in a Junior Suite and when I tried to book the 3 night specialty dining for all 8 of us it wouldn't let me.   I ended up purchasing it for the 4 of us in the Junior Suite separate from the people in the other two rooms.  For whatever reason it did let me book the other two rooms together.   For the junior suite reservation I picked 6pm on the second night as the reservation time.   However when I went to choose the time for the remaining 4 people in our party the 6pm selection was gone and the only available selection was 8pm.   What I really want, obviously, is a table for all 8 of us at the same time, and I'd prefer an early time.   Can I call and see if we can combine them for the right time or do I need to wait until I'm on board?   

Further, Do I have to wait until I'm on board to make reservations for the other two nights?  The wording of this seems to indicate I do have to wait, however in a prior sailing on the Oasis I was able to reserve it ahead and I purchased the same 3 night specialty restaurant package.   To add on to this we also received 1 free specialty restaurant night only eligible on a port day that the fine print says we have to book once on board.   For more experienced RCL cruisers will I have a problem getting a reservation for 8 at a decent time?  Do you have any suggestions to help us get reservations together at a preferred time?

Thanks for any insight/experience!