gift exchange

msshawn

43 minutes ago, msshawn said:

Will someone please help me out? I'm trying to figure out when you have multiple rooms, is it 1 per room or everyone in the room?

We are doing the small gifts that you can put on the door.

Would like to help but I am sorry to say that I don't quite understand what you are asking? 1 per room...what? 😕

24 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Would like to help but I am sorry to say that I don't quite understand what you are asking? 1 per room...what? 😕

1 gift per room or per person in the room

Edited by msshawn

The only Gifts that I've been involved in is where we did the Meet & Greet and played a game. Each person brought a gift to the Meet & Greet that represented their state or some other small token as a gift (not more than $10). We played Dirty Santa with the gifts. You could pick a gift when it was your turn but if someone else before you picked something you wanted, you could 'Steal" it from that person. Each person came with a gift and left with a gift. That's the only thing I could related your question to. If you meant something else, Sorry for my wrong answer. 

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

What gift are you referring to? What do you mean putting small gifts "on the door"?

We'd like to help but your post makes no sense.

I'm sorry I have confused everyone, is there a way i can delete this post?

2 hours ago, msshawn said:

Will someone please help me out? I'm trying to figure out when you have multiple rooms, is it 1 per room or everyone in the room?

We are doing the small gifts that you can put on the door.

1 hour ago, msshawn said:

1 gift per room or per person in the room

Typically gift exchanges are 1 per stateroom and are conducted in a 'meet & greet' setting, usually organized by someone in your Roll Call for your sailing. Have you checked the roll call for your voyage here on Cruise Critic to see if someone already organized a meet & greet?? If they set a spending limit? Usually $10 gift/souviner. When is your sail date & ship?

✌️

5 hours ago, msshawn said:

I'm sorry I have confused everyone, is there a way i can delete this post?

Don't jump ship....pun intended. 🙂 Are you expecting Carnival to issue a gift of some type? Is this something you are trying to set up within your group? Are people in your group Platinum? Did you order something from the Fun Shops? Is it a Meet and Greet thing? Seriously, if you go away and don't help us help you I will lay awake for a long time. I am intrigued.

Edited by Bookbug53
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, Bookbug53 said:

Don't jump ship....pun intended. 🙂 Are you expecting Carnival to issue a gift of some type? Is this something you are trying to set up within your group? Are people in your group Platinum? Did you order something from the Fun Shops? Is it a Meet and Greet thing? Seriously, if you go away and don't help us help you I will lay awake for a long time. I am intrigued.

I got it figured out, thanks. We are buying the small gifts and delivering them to the rooms.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

For all you folks who don’t know what she is talking about, please let me clarify. Some cruise(Disney Cruise lines) have gift exchanges and magnet exchanges. You sign up months before your cruise and you fill out a form for everyone in your cabin with names, maybe your favorite character or color, a hobby, such as baking or reading, any allergies. You then get a list of everyone in your group and you start shopping. Gifts should be small items such as visors, candy, portable straws, keychains, pens, small notebooks, coasters, etc… be creative. Most people give a small gift for each day of the cruise or some people combine their gifts and just give them one day. Personally I think it is more fun to see what surprise you get each day. You do the same with the magnets. Leave a magnet on the door for each person in the cabin and they reciprocate. There are also recipe exchanges. Some cruisers also hide little yellow rubber ducks throughout the ship. If you find one you can keep it or rehide it. It’s all great fun whether you’re giving or receiving it makes your cruise that much more memorable 

14 hours ago, staceyglow said:

You  are clarifying a post from 3 1/2 years ago?

yeah, so??? You're debating a post about a thread from 3 years ago!

Someone obviously cared enough to answer a question,  in case others came across the thread and had similar questions!