Odyssey of the Seas Balcony Dividers

24 minutes ago, cruisinforabruising said:

So may dad said it and he may have read the same comment I did but are the balcony dividers going to have clear glass and not able to open on the Odyssey?  Seems like an odd and awful choice to me.

Somehow I can’t see them being any different than Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and Spectrum.

Also, I believe that having balcony dividers able to open is now a SOLAS requirement for firefighting requirements. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Somehow I can’t see them being any different than Quantum, Anthem, Ovation and Spectrum.

Also, I believe that having balcony dividers able to open is now a SOLAS requirement for firefighting requirements. 

That's what I thought but you know the internet

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t know about the clear glass part but this comment about firefighting requirements is almost certainly correct. No way the balcony dividers won’t open.

It is correct that balcony dividers must physically be able to be opened.  Now, whether or not RCI has decided to not allow them to be opened for passenger convenience is another thing, and primarily up to their insurance cover and legal department.  There will be some dividers that will not be allowed to be opened, and these are between cabins that straddle the fire zone boundary (there is a door in the passageway, typically hidden back in the wall, between the cabins).