Seabourn app

buchhalm

Does anyone know if there is a Seabourn app? Many, if not most other cruise lines do have their own app.

APPARENTLY there is something called Seabourn Source,  but Play Store (and equivalent) don't seem to show any such app.

There is one you download onboard (can't remember is if it's called Source though). It gives you access to the daily Herald, dining menus, shore excursions, local weather, etc. so it's very useful. It also has a wonky messenger function which doesn't have two key features: 1. group messaging and 2. a notification system. Basically you can only message one person at a time (this is fine when there's only two people traveling together but useless for groups) and you actually have to log in to the app to see if anyone has messaged you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

There is one you download onboard (can't remember is if it's called Source though). It gives you access to the daily Herald, dining menus, shore excursions, local weather, etc. so it's very useful. It also has a wonky messenger function which doesn't have two key features: 1. group messaging and 2. a notification system. Basically you can only message one person at a time (this is fine when there's only two people traveling together but useless for groups) and you actually have to log in to the app to see if anyone has messaged you.

Yes, it’s the Source, and as far as I know it’s accessed on board.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

Ok, thank you.

So it is no good for anything pre-cruise related.

Looks like basically a closed system whilst on a cruise.

Nothing at all pre-cruise, it's only useful on board and even then I found quite a few days where at least one of the menus wasn't updated, or wasn't updated to the right thing. It's handy if you haven't taken the Herald with you but have your phone in your pocket and want to look up what time something's happening. It works off WiFi however you don't need a WiFi plan to use this, it's free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oceanviewer21 said:

Be careful when you use it for the internet if you on  internet and don’t logout it does not close the connection. I lost my allowance three times last year. Unless they have correct the problem by now.

+++ to this. Happened twice to me and had to have my internet time reset at Seabourn Square.