Reply from Travelsafe about Coronavirus coverage

LDVinNC

Here is what I previously posted on another topic on this forum:

Bought medical/evacuation coverage for a 4 week trip in December.  In early February we extended the trip 2 weeks so we also paid for 2 more weeks of insurance.  So, are we covered for Coronavirus for only the first 4 weeks of the trip and not for the last part?  Or are we covered for the whole trip because we purchased the policy in December?  

Steve (iamtrustworthy) asked that I follow up with the insurer and post their reply.

Travelsafe replied as follows to my question:

Unfortunately, your plan does have certain criteria that does need to be met.  Cancellation due to the Corona virus would not be considered eligible under your plan.   Please contact our office with any other questions.   

They did not really answer my question because our policy was only medical and evacuation, not cancellation.  But, it seems to me that they would try to wriggle out of providing any benefits at all having to do with coronavirus.

UPDATE:

When I questioned them about their reply, this is what I received:

Please accept my sincere apologies.  Your plan would should cover a medical illness that could arise from the Coronavirus while traveling.
Medical evacuation benefits does allow for transportation to the nearest facility that can treat you.       
I will send an email that will include your plan document to review and to have for traveling.