Rental Car Return at Long Beach Cruise Port

SCLGFam2008

My family is heading to LAX for a cruise out of Long Beach.  We are planning to spend the first couple of days in Disneyland etc then drive to Long Beach drop the rental car off and then return with cruise transportation.  Are any rental companies accepted at the cruise terminal or only specific ones?   Tell me your experience(s).  TYIA 😃

I don't have any experience with it but I have researched a similar possibility for my upcoming Panorama cruise. From my research there doesn't seem to be a rental car company located at the port. The closest ones seem to be on W Ocean Blvd. They have an Enterprise, Avis, Budget and Hertz. Then you could take the free passport bus back to the port. You can go on the individual company websites and travel sites to get a quote on picking up at one location and dropping off at another. It's usually a little more expensive that way. You may also have luck on the west coast departures board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Thank you.  That was my assumption too after LITTLE research that there was no rental return at the port so I became hesitant.  I'll do some additional research with the information and boards you have provided me with and hopefully come to a resolution.

Thanks again for your help 🙂

5 hours ago, SCLGFam2008 said:

My family is heading to LAX for a cruise out of Long Beach.  We are planning to spend the first couple of days in Disneyland etc then drive to Long Beach drop the rental car off and then return with cruise transportation.  Are any rental companies accepted at the cruise terminal or only specific ones?   Tell me your experience(s).  TYIA 😃

We are picking up our rental at LAX and returning it the next day at Long Beach Airport and taking the shuttle to the port.  This is for our April cruise. 

• 1 month later...