Accessible Stateroom???

teacherman

We are planning our first Azamara cruise.  Can we select an accessible cabin if we do not actually need an accessible cabin?   If so, can we be bumped out later if someone who needs the cabin wants it and there are no other accessible cabins available?   In reading the cabin threads, I see many people commenting on the fact they stayed in these cabins and they had much more space in order to use a wheelchair.  It would probably be an inside cabin as the airfare to our embarkation port is quite excessive.  Just wondering.

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

We are planning our first Azamara cruise.  Can we select an accessible cabin if we do not actually need an accessible cabin?   If so, can we be bumped out later if someone who needs the cabin wants it and there are no other accessible cabins available?   In reading the cabin threads, I see many people commenting on the fact they stayed in these cabins and they had much more space in order to use a wheelchair.  It would probably be an inside cabin as the airfare to our embarkation port is quite excessive.  Just wondering.

If you don't need an accessible cabin then don't book one that takes it away from someone who really needs one. Those cabins are few and far between on Azamara ships. Those who have stayed in them (including me) were assigned them late on. Well most of the time. Some agencies will book guests into them earlier. A practice that I abhor to be honest. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Just to clarify:  I was only asking because several people have said that they "ended up" in one of these staterooms.   My booking "agency" said that if there is a person who requires this room, they have the right to move you to another available stateroom.  Maybe a better location, or maybe a worse.

20 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you don't need an accessible cabin then don't book one that takes it away from someone who really needs one. Those cabins are few and far between on Azamara ships. Those who have stayed in them (including me) were assigned them late on. Well most of the time. Some agencies will book guests into them earlier. A practice that I abhor to be honest. 

Phil 

Phil we just got notice of our successful upgrade bid. It turns out to be one of the accessible cabins. Did you like this cabin?

17 minutes ago, 2ndsailing said:

Phil we just got notice of our successful upgrade bid. It turns out to be one of the accessible cabins. Did you like this cabin?

Yes. The extra space was nice to have. There are some foibles with them. No bathroom storage, lower sink, mirror that is angled down and a walk in shower where you need to watch where the water goes, but overall they are nice cabins. I'd have no issue if I was allocated one. Not all people feel the same. These were on Journey and Quest. 

Phil