Ovation of the Seas Obstructed Ocean view Balconies

Hi all,

Just looking at Ovation of the Seas balcony cabins 7294, 6280 and 6290. It states that they are obstructed view. Any ideas what the obstruction are and which would be the best cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by resordanis

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Just looking at Ovation of the Seas balcony cabins 7294, 6280 and 6290. It states that they are obstructed view. Any ideas what the obstruction are and which would be the best cabin.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cheryle

Check with Deb and Bob when they are back, I am sure they have had one.

I remember taking some photo's  for Bob a while back of obstructed balconies, one had no obstruction except looking down and one had a tender in front. Will see if I can find them.

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Cheryle

Check with Deb and Bob when they are back, I am sure they have had one.

I remember taking some photo's  for Bob a while back of obstructed balconies, one had no obstruction except looking down and one had a tender in front. Will see if I can find them.

Hi Chez,

I have messaged Deb. We are looking at two cruises and not sure which one. One we see us With them on Saturday, one is for  following Saturday. I have a few more cabins 9532 and  6212. I dont want a lifeboat in front of me if I can help it. Last minute decision that is why I am chasing up as we speak.

Your last two cruises seem to have gone well. We must all be due for a Port Macquarie catch up when Deb and Bob stop still enough!

any information will be appreciated.

Cheryle

10 minutes ago, Cruzbear24 said:

I would go for 7294. If you google that cabin number there is a photo of the balcony view on a deck plan site.

The lifeboat (obstruction) is at the base of the balcony glass but the other two it will be up to the railing.

Thanks will try google again.

Cruise deck plans show a lifeboat right in front of 6280.

I cant copy the photo here as I am a paid member, but it is very obstructed.

Saw photos of 6290 as well, larger balcony and very obstructed, deck 7 is higher so much better.

As suggested above go for 7294

Edited by cheznandy

3 minutes ago, Cruzbear24 said:

6290 however has a BIG balcony.

Yes cruisebear, much larger balcony but the photos I can see, when sitting down you are looking into the windows of the tender.

Decisions decisions haha!!

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi Chez,

I have messaged Deb. We are looking at two cruises and not sure which one. One we see us With them on Saturday, one is for  following Saturday. I have a few more cabins 9532 and  6212. I dont want a lifeboat in front of me if I can help it. Last minute decision that is why I am chasing up as we speak.

Your last two cruises seem to have gone well. We must all be due for a Port Macquarie catch up when Deb and Bob stop still enough!

any information will be appreciated.

Cheryle

Ok, let me know which one you choose!!

I am picking them up from the airport the following Saturday, so I figure they are on a B2B, I can get you to or from the airport if you need, just email me. 

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Ok, let me know which one you choose!!

I am picking them up from the airport the following Saturday, so I figure they are on a B2B, I can get you to or from the airport if you need, just email me. 

Thanks Chez. As I said I have messaged Deb, so let’s see what happens.

we have had two things cancelled recently, so thinking of a last minute cruise.

9532 is also available for an extra $62 on the second cruise and that is a bit higher so might be better again!

Edited by resordanis

Just now, resordanis said:

Thanks Chez. As I said I have messaged Deb, so let’s see what happens.

we have had two things cancelled recently, so thinking of a last minute cruise.

Great idea!!

Bob will be in a frenzy now the Sapphire is coming early haha!! 

More bookings!!

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

Great idea!!

Bob will be in a frenzy now the Sapphire is coming early haha!! 

More bookings!!

Oh I know that, I can just see Deb calming him down now. I have just had the cruise schedule sent to me from a TA. Do you want me to email to you?

51 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Oh I know that, I can just see Deb calming him down now. I have just had the cruise schedule sent to me from a TA. Do you want me to email to you?

Yes, please!! I have pretty much worked it out with port bookings, and sadly we wont be able to do any of them as I think they are long ones.

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, We cruise a lot couple said:

Could any one tell us how bad  the obstructed view is of cabin 7304 Ovation of the seas.  I could not

find any photo of that  cabin Help Help. We don't want to ruin our cruise.  If anyone has a photo that

would great.

Thank you Gail & Michael Seal Beach California

mike4gail@yahoo.com

You will have a life boat Derrick straight in front of your balcony BUT it will be at about knee height.

Nothing to worry about. The obstruction on this ship is obstruction of the sea .So in a general line of sight there’s none.