Non refundable deposit

cruise88cruise

1 hour ago, cruise88cruise said:

I booked a cruise with princess and paid a non refundable deposit but with the coronavirus i’m worried it might be too soon to travel.

Can we transfer the non refundable deposit to another future cruise? or get a refund?

Thank you for your help!

If your cruise is one involving Asia, it will most likely be cancelled and you will get a full refund.

If your cruise is one elsewhere in the world, then a refund would not be available.

There is a good chance you could transfer that deposit to a future cruise if you book it at the same time you are cancelling this cruise.  If your booking is with a TA, the TA can go to bat for you. If your booking is with Princess, ask, and if the answer is "no," call again and ask a different representative.

• Like 1

I had a SE Asia cruise booked for January 2021 in which I had a non-refundable deposit & had paid other money towards.

I called yesterday to cancel the SE Asia cruise and book another cruise for March 2021. They were able to move all the money over to the new cruise including the non-refundable deposit (which will be a non-refundable deposit for the new cruise). I also received the BSE perks except for the refundable deposit (which was fine).

For me I think it's more of the fact I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to move the money to another itinerary. They were very helpful for me and I wasn't on the phone for long. If you call, choose the option "Book a new cruise" - that's where they directed my call when I spoke to  "Already booked".

Give them a call and see what happens, you might be surprised!

I had a cruise reservation for the Diamond Princess on Feb 20 (M006D) which was canceled by Princess Cruises with full refund.

The reservation was booked on CruiseDirect and the payment have a non-refundable deposit.

Last week, I received my "full refund" from Princess Cruises and the non-refundable deposit is not included.

I contact the CruiseDirect support, they said that it's impossible to get it back since it is non refundable.

23 minutes ago, s433542 said:

I had a cruise reservation for the Diamond Princess on Feb 20 (M006D) which was canceled by Princess Cruises with full refund.

The reservation was booked on CruiseDirect and the payment have a non-refundable deposit.

Last week, I received my "full refund" from Princess Cruises and the non-refundable deposit is not included.

I contact the CruiseDirect support, they said that it's impossible to get it back since it is non refundable.

As Princess cancelled the cruise, everything, including anything that was previously non-refundable, is now refundable. You need to get back to them and remind them that Princess cancelled the cruise, not you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

As Princess cancelled the cruise, everything, including anything that was previously non-refundable, is now refundable. You need to get back to them and remind them that Princess cancelled the cruise, not you.

I just talk with them again, still non refundable, and could not be used on a future cruise. 😂

15 minutes ago, s433542 said:

I just talk with them again, still non refundable, and could not be used on a future cruise. 😂

I'm not familiar with the company you mentioned above (and if it's a travel agency, you're not supposed to mention them by name on CruiseCritic) but assuming they are, when you put down your deposit, how was it paid and if it was by credit or debit card, was the charge in the travel agency's name or Princess Cruises. If the travel agency's name, I suspect they're holding back that part as a cancellation penalty even though Princess has refunded it to them. If so, first, never do business with them again (I consider such behavior unethical) and second, consider a chargeback, if able, with your credit card issuer. And ask them why they are not refunding it since the cruise was involuntarily cancelled by Princess and was not cancelled by you. If the charge was by Princess and the credit back to you was also from Princess (as shown on your card statement), then you need to push on them more as to what is going on. 100% refund means 100% refund.

3 hours ago, s433542 said:

Although Princess will usually not talk $$$ with some who is using a travel agent, you may need to at least speak with Princess and ask them to e-mail you their policy on this.

8 hours ago, lstone19 said:

I'm not familiar with the company you mentioned above (and if it's a travel agency, you're not supposed to mention them by name on CruiseCritic) but assuming they are, when you put down your deposit, how was it paid and if it was by credit or debit card, was the charge in the travel agency's name or Princess Cruises. If the travel agency's name, I suspect they're holding back that part as a cancellation penalty even though Princess has refunded it to them. If so, first, never do business with them again (I consider such behavior unethical) and second, consider a chargeback, if able, with your credit card issuer. And ask them why they are not refunding it since the cruise was involuntarily cancelled by Princess and was not cancelled by you. If the charge was by Princess and the credit back to you was also from Princess (as shown on your card statement), then you need to push on them more as to what is going on. 100% refund means 100% refund.

It always seems to be a good idea when you have tried and a company is being obstinate to report it to your credit card company and let them take the fight to the company in question.

Good luck getting the deposit back, and please report back to the thread if and when you do.