Looking for relaxing beach day

BlessedandGrateful

Nachi Cocom is sold out so looking for other suggestions. There will be 7 large ships in port when we are there so looking for a beach club that limits the number of guests.

Doesn't have to be all -inclusive, either way is fine. Just my mom and I so looking for a more chill spot with beautiful beach and great drinks!

I would either look at father from the port - Playa Palancar (about a $25 cab ride), or someplace like Money Bar (412 cab ride) that does not appeal to some cruisers because there's no sandy beach - you enter the water via steps, and there's good snorkeling form the shore.  check out the on-line reviews both here and at Trip Advisor.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:50 AM, JohninDC said:

Del Mar Latino Beach Club, which is about a 10+ minute walk from the International peir, is another recently opened/renovated option.

We have enjoyed this as a quiet, relaxed, economical AI break (affiliated to Nachi Cocom and the Del Mar Hotel) BUT be pre-warned there is no beach just rocky snorkeling access. It limits passes and is very small, but recent reviews and our experience has been that there are only a handful of people.

Similarly, El Cid (various day passes) only has a tiny cove of sand and snorkeling access. Park Royal( between the two) has a small (but biggest of the three, beach area).

Park Royal is the biggest facility with several pools and was recently offering a promotional AI rate but I don’t know if that is still in affect.

I have been to all three, and Palancar and Money Bar, if you have any particular questions.

I am recovering from knee replacement surgery (48 years old!) and will be about 9 weeks post op when we get there. Hoping to find lovely and relaxing beach with easier entry and not a far walk. Considered Chankanabb as we have not been there before but with 7 large ships in port I thought it would be too crowded. Plus it looks like there would be a far walk to get to the beach.

Thought about Palancar but the cab ride would be $50 round trip. Also looked at Playa Corona but have read mixed reviews, though it looks like maybe it could be a good option. Loved the look of Money Bar but don't think I can get down to the water from there just yet. I will check El Cid and Park Royal.

Paradise Beach is big enough to handle the crowds, has a nice beach plus HUGE pool. $3 admission/chair rental or they offer an all-inclusive option.

I recall a recent post about Chankanaab having a beach wheel chair available.