Moorea and Papeete

forwardho

We are on the Massadam cruise and traveling to the French Polynesia Islands in early November. We have planned a day 1 at Matira beach On Bora Bora and Day 2 on Bora Bora we will be taking a shark, ray and coral garden snorkeling trip. That leaves us with Moorea and Papeete as our next two stops. My question is which of these two island would be better ,meaning more to see, as a land tour excursion and which would be better to use as a water type activity excursion. We are in our 60’s and do love nature, wildlife and the water. Thanks in advance .

Jill

3 hours ago, forwardho said:

We are on the Massadam cruise and traveling to the French Polynesia Islands in early November. We have planned a day 1 at Matira beach On Bora Bora and Day 2 on Bora Bora we will be taking a shark, ray and coral garden snorkeling trip. That leaves us with Moorea and Papeete as our next two stops. My question is which of these two island would be better ,meaning more to see, as a land tour excursion and which would be better to use as a water type activity excursion. We are in our 60’s and do love nature, wildlife and the water. Thanks in advance .

Jill

Moorea is better for lagoon than Tahiti. Both are equally good for inland hiking and sight seeing 

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Moorea is better for lagoon than Tahiti. Both are equally good for inland hiking and sight seeing 

We like Moorea Activities Center (you can Google) for snorkel excursions/ jet ski snorkel excursions, And Tahiti Paradise Adventures in Tahiti (5 passenger boat, about 8 miles from the Papeete dock negotiate for $100pp) We're doing Shipwrecks and Turtles for $100pp. There is also Yota Tahiti (Google 🙂 ) who can take you for a lovely adventure around the island of Tahiti. We'd rather snorkel that anything else tho. Expensive to return so why not see the undersea world.

21 hours ago, forwardho said:

We are on the Massadam cruise and traveling to the French Polynesia Islands in early November. We have planned a day 1 at Matira beach On Bora Bora

Just a thought. We were at Matira beach in November for a very quick stopover on a snorkel tour. Of course Tahiti's winter is our summer and as so it was very HOT. Infact at 11am there was no one on the beach. It's a gorgeous spot but way too hot for me in November. And the sun was beating down straight in the direction where you look out to the water.

If it were me and you enjoy snorkeling I might do a 2nd day of a morning snorkel and then maybe visit Matira Beach for a dip and to see the loveliness in the afternoon.

Now I could be wrong and it'll be a lovely day there but we did 4 days in Bora Bora in November and spent all 4 days with a different snorkel provider to enjoy the thrills of the lagoon. Going back this April and doing the same thing.

Have a wonderful time.

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Just a thought. We were at Matira beach in November for a very quick stopover on a snorkel tour. Of course Tahiti's winter is our summer and as so it was very HOT. Infact at 11am there was no one on the beach. It's a gorgeous spot but way too hot for me in November. And the sun was beating down straight in the direction where you look out to the water.

If it were me and you enjoy snorkeling I might do a 2nd day of a morning snorkel and then maybe visit Matira Beach for a dip and to see the loveliness in the afternoon.

Now I could be wrong and it'll be a lovely day there but we did 4 days in Bora Bora in November and spent all 4 days with a different snorkel provider to enjoy the thrills of the lagoon. Going back this April and doing the same thing.

Have a wonderful time.

Petoonya  ...

Have you ever rented a pontoon boat from La Plage?  Great fun, we are doing it again. We love the lagoon tours but it is fun to venture out on your own.

Picture on the pontoon boat at the Coral Gardens

_DJS1917.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna