Family of 4 in Balcony Stateroom Oasis OTS

jammer1000

We are looking to book a cruise on Oasis and are a family of 4 with 2 sons who will be 15 and 10 and won't do well sharing a sofa bed. I know some balcony staterooms can accomodate 5 in a sofa bed and pullman and we would like one of these cabins so our sons will have separate beds, however when doing a dummy booking online it only offers us cabins with the sofabed and no pullman. Is it possible for us to book one of these cabins for 5 by phoning RC or going through an agent? Also will it be possible for us to book an ultra spacious balcony cabin as a family of 4 (these can accomodate 6)? Very many thanks in advance for taking the time to help.

No way would I book 1 room for the 4 of us (I have 2 boys too). If I were you I’d look into booking 2 cabins. So much more relaxing to have that extra space plus 2 bathrooms. That’s what we did on our last 2 cruises and would only do that going forward. Trust me

11 minutes ago, jammer1000 said:

We are looking to book a cruise on Oasis and are a family of 4 with 2 sons who will be 15 and 10 and won't do well sharing a sofa bed. I know some balcony staterooms can accomodate 5 in a sofa bed and pullman and we would like one of these cabins so our sons will have separate beds, however when doing a dummy booking online it only offers us cabins with the sofabed and no pullman. Is it possible for us to book one of these cabins for 5 by phoning RC or going through an agent? Also will it be possible for us to book an ultra spacious balcony cabin as a family of 4 (these can accomodate 6)? Very many thanks in advance for taking the time to help.

It's a category 3D that you want.  Call a travel agent or Royal.  Yes you can book the cat 1A ultra-spacious with 4 guests

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I just returned from my first cruise.  I was with my large husband and two kids, 12 and 9, who also would not do well sharing a bed.  We booked an Oceanview Balcony room through a RC agent, who told us our room would have the pullout sofa bed and a pullman bed.  We failed to verify this with the online ship map once we got our Summary, which indicated a class 1D stateroom, and realized too late that there was no pullman bed. I think b/c we booked before the renovation, they had not updated their info. with their agents.  Or else my husband, who did the actual booking and who is terrible at detail-level planning, just got messed up!  Long story short, we ended up having the steward convert the "king" bed into 2 twins for the kids, while my DH and I slept on the pullout sofa.  It turned out to be a generously sized double, and comfortable--if you like hard beds, which we do.  So you could try that. Be forewarned that once the sofa bed is pulled out there is NO ROOM to move though!  I'm sorry but we just had a regular sized balcony; don't know anything about the ultra-spacious.  Also, we cheated a bit b/c we had my mom and mother in law in the adjoining stateroom, and we could open the door between the two.  So we had 2 bathrooms for 6 people. And on rare occasions, could convince the grandkids to go next door and play cards with their grandmas!   

34 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

It probably isn't much more expensive to book 2 rooms and the extra bathroom is priceless

Absolutely, parents in an OV balcony and the kids in an interior across the hall (or a neighborhood balcony)

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

You could consider booking a balcony for yourself and the interior directly across the hall for the kids. We have that set up for our cruise next month and our boys are beyond thrilled to have their own room. I’m thrilled that I won’t have to share 1 tiny bathroom with 3 boys! 

• Like 1

Definitely price out the cost of two cabins.  On our upcoming Oasis cruise, it is actually cheaper to book two cabins for 4 people!  We have a couple in our group with 1-year old twins.  It was less money to book one adult and one baby in the balcony room and the second adult and second baby in the inside across the hall than to book all four of them in the balcony room.  So now they will all stay in the balcony cabin and use the inside across the hall for strollers, luggage, etc.

• Like 1