Tampa Departure February 6, 2021

Bookbug53

I know it is early but I was just perusing hotels for a one night stay prior to sailing and was puzzled by so many hotels showing no availability for Feb 5. Why, I asked myself, would so many be booked up already this far out? Every where I wanted to stay had....nothing. There were a few I had no interest in, and based on reviews others would not either. 

I know someone is laughing right now and I don't blame them. I guess I did not realize I was sailing the day before Super Bowl....in Tampa. 🙃

If you need a room that weekend...well...I would book now.

I booked a nice little place in Clearwater about 45 minutes from port. It will do.

6 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

Superbowl? 

Are you asking what Super Bowl is about? Football. The biggest game of the year (championship) and in 2021 it will be in Tampa. The weekend I am cruising and it makes hotels sell out fast...and early. 🙂

7 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

I know it is early but I was just perusing hotels for a one night stay prior to sailing and was puzzled by so many hotels showing no availability for Feb 5. Why, I asked myself, would so many be booked up already this far out? Every where I wanted to stay had....nothing. There were a few I had no interest in, and based on reviews others would not either. 

I know someone is laughing right now and I don't blame them. I guess I did not realize I was sailing the day before Super Bowl....in Tampa. 🙃

I booked a nice little place in Clearwater about 45 minutes from port. It will do.

depending on where you are staying in clearwater, it can be longer than 45 min to the port. i live in tampa and used to work over there. so just plan extra time

6 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

depending on where you are staying in clearwater, it can be longer than 45 min to the port. i live in tampa and used to work over there. so just plan extra time

Yep, that whole weekend is gonna be a zoo.

Traffic is flat out gonna suck

I can't even imagine if Gasperilla was that weekend too instead of the weekend before.

43 minutes ago, deadmoney said:

Yep, that whole weekend is gonna be a zoo.

Traffic is flat out gonna suck

I can't even imagine if Gasperilla was that weekend too instead of the weekend before.

OMG it’s going to be insane...  they would have to move Gasperilla... right?!?!

On 2/23/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bookbug53 said:

Hotels won't be cheap. The stadium is 10 minutes from the airport. If you want to save some money, don't stay in Tampa, I suggest renting a car and look at places like Clearwater or St Pete

11 minutes ago, steve20832 said:

Hotels won't be cheap. The stadium is 10 minutes from the airport. If you want to save some money, don't stay in Tampa, I suggest renting a car and look at places like Clearwater or St Pete

That's why I booked Clearwater as mentioned in original post. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

The big hotel chains will not show bookngs more than a year out.  When you go to their website it shows no rooms available or it will show an price that is two to three times the regular price.  If you were not staying there over superbowl weekend it would still be the same.  Try looking around 9 months out.