Balcony room on deck 8 Joy. Yes or No!?

Ptroxx

I did deck 9 last month on Joy and had very few complaints, other than realizing the bulge on the map, was Food Republic which sticks out from the ship, was right below my room and I could see straight down into it (9792). Deck 8 is home to the waterfront, so the only rooms are at the first 1/3 or so of the ship, down some semi-hidden hallways, not typical of your average floor on a cruise ship that is 100% cabins. 

Also, I don’t know if I’d want to be right next to the district brew house, as a lot of times they would have music going relatively late, so starboard side may be better. The Theatre is also Deck 7 FWD, so the deck 8 rooms would be right above that. Not sure if you would encounter noise issues from the theatre or not.

Edited by ncl757
  • Like 1

We were just on the Joy earlier this month in cabin 8136, Mini Suite with large balcony.   We really enjoyed that location.  Very close to the restaurants, Waterfront, The Local and the Atrium.    No need to take the elevators unless we were heading up to the buffet, observation lounge,  pool deck or Spice.   The deck plans showed we were over the theater, so I was concerned about that before we left, but it was never a problem.   A couple evenings, on the way to our room, we could clearly hear the theater in the hallway, so I thought "Oh Boy, this is going to keep us up", but as soon as we stepped into our cabin we could not hear it at all.   I would imagine it would be the same if your room ends up being close to the District Brewhouse.  The mini suite was great because of the larger bathroom.  The sleeping/sitting area is the same as a regular balcony.  The large balcony was nice, but not really necessary because if we were out there, we wanted to be by the railing anyway.  Also, if you have the large balcony (I believe they are only on Deck 8 ), all the balcony rooms above you can look down on you.   Not a problem, but just something to consider if you crave privacy.  

• Like 1

Thank your all for the information.  I was a little worried about the theater. And being so close t o all the action that’s on deck 8.    But it seems to not be a big problem.   

Alaska prices are really low right now almost 1000 less than what I paid last August. 
And I really enjoyed Alaska.  So I’m thinking I’m going to book another trip. I have some Cruise next money so I’m going to be paying about 1000.00 for a week solo in a balcony.  
I don’t go for any specialty dining or the drink package so no taxes or gratuities.  So this should be a really inexpensive trip.   Flights are cheap as are rooms in Seattle.   

so if your thinking about Alaska. Now might be the time.  

44 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Thank your all for the information.  I was a little worried about the theater. And being so close t o all the action that’s on deck 8.    But it seems to not be a big problem.   

Alaska prices are really low right now almost 1000 less than what I paid last August. 
And I really enjoyed Alaska.  So I’m thinking I’m going to book another trip. I have some Cruise next money so I’m going to be paying about 1000.00 for a week solo in a balcony.  
I don’t go for any specialty dining or the drink package so no taxes or gratuities.  So this should be a really inexpensive trip.   Flights are cheap as are rooms in Seattle.   

so if your thinking about Alaska. Now might be the time.  

For which month?