babies in taxi's

syracr

Hello - we will be traveling with a baby and wanted to use a taxi to go to paradise beach. 

The question arose about the need for a car seat.

we really do not want to bring one if we do no have to.

Questions are:

1. are car seats require din Cozumel for babies

2. do any taxi's supply them?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated.

thanks!

9 minutes ago, syracr said:

Hello - we will be traveling with a baby and wanted to use a taxi to go to paradise beach. 

The question arose about the need for a car seat.

we really do not want to bring one if we do no have to.

Questions are:

1. are car seats require din Cozumel for babies

2. do any taxi's supply them?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated.

thanks!

Taxis do not require them and will not supply them.You will sometimes find rear sear belts cut or inoperabl, so difficult to fit your own even if you have them. If you hire a private driver for the day you can request to hire a child seat - we have done this  through ToursPlaza but if you are only going to one beach club hiring a driver is not really worth it as you have to pay for three hours minimum. 

if you decide to take a taxi without a seat,  it is at your own risk. We have preferred to walk to Park Royal for a day pass from the southern piers.If you are going to a popular beach club transport will most likely be in a taxi van.

Edited by c-leg5

Mexican law may not require a child seat, but the laws of physics apply everywhere - child seats and seat belts were not required when I was young and I have the scars to prove it. I skip cabs in line that don't have functioning seat belts and so should you.

If you would not allow your baby to ride without a car seat in the US, why would you take the chance in Mexico?  Do the right thing and either bring a seat or find an option that is walking distance from your port.

I've only been in 1 taxi in Cozumel that had a functioning seat belt that would connect to a baby seat. My son still needs a booster and we decided to have him sit between us and keep an arm around him. I wasn't thrilled about this but we weren't going very far and made sure to choose one of the newest looking taxis. The laws are different there so you have to decide how much risk you are willing to assume.