are there free shuttles in embark disembark ports

susiesan

I will embark Marina in Copenhagen at the Oceankag Terminal, which is the farthest out dock. I will disembark in Stockholm at Frihamnen which is also very far out. Both cities have the ship docked quite a distance from the center of the cities. Does Oceania provide free shuttles to and from the center of town to the docks for embarking and disembarking cruises or only for port visits?

If not, what's the best way to these 2 docks by public transportation?

We used taxis in both cities. Even the Langelinie in Copenhagen is to far out to walk to with luggage in tow.

I believe a taxi from the Copenhagen Marriott was $30. It was about the same from the Stockholm dock to our down town hotel.

Shuttles didn’t run, even for those on b2b.

There might be shuttles for B2B or overnights but definitely no shuttles for embarkation or disembarkation in either city.

Taxis are the way to go. The taxi line in Stockholm can be very long - if you have an early flight, it's best to reserve a taxi.

I have looked at public transit options in both Copenhagen and Stockholm.  There is a bus from central Copenhagen to the docks, bus 27. In Stockholm we are staying 2 nights and will have plenty of time to get to our hotel near the train station.  We may try for an Uber and if not there is a bus from the dock into the city. I am not a big taxi person, they are so expensive and I prefer to use public transport where possible.

35 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I am not a big taxi person, they are so expensive and I prefer to use public transport where possible

That’s fine as long as you are fit and travel lightly. 

We don’t fit either one of those categories 😃

In Copenhagen, I don’t believe the bus goes “ to the docks”. Its stop is actually quite a ways from the ships. Expect to tow your luggage quite a ways. Probably 500 meters or so, maybe a bit farther depending upon exact slip.