Jewel of The Seas Barcelona 19th April

Leaves Barcelona 19th April bound for Portofino, Florence Rome and Naples Italy.

CDC advice is only travel to Italy if necessary...Italy in general not specifically the locked down areas mentioned by WHO.

Anyone due to sail that cruise , anyone having concerns?

Seems like RC adopting a “wait and see” attitude.

We are also on that cruise - just waiting to see what RCL does.   If they can't sail to Italy, then where do they sail and do they give us a choice to stay on the cruise or cance with a future cruise creditl?  I can see a port charge or two, but I didn't book this cruise for a totally different itinerary.

I'd have a plan B if I were you, RC's wait and see attitude meant they cancelled our 15/02 Quantum cruise just 3 days before it was due to sail when many people had already flown to Singapore.

Just now, kernow said:

I'd have a plan B if I were you, RC's wait and see attitude meant they cancelled our 15/02 Quantum cruise just 3 days before it was due to sail when many people had already flown to Singapore.

Oh boy.  Well we are flying to Barcelona 3 days before also.  Might have to plan a backup land trip too.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

How long did it take you to get your refund?  My fare was supposed to be refunded February 27th, still haven’t received it.

We were booked through a UK ta as a package and got the full refund from them within a week. The items purchased in the planner took a little longer but all refunded to credit card now.

I wouldn't owrry here, in Europe you have many alrerntative ports, hence the cruise could add a Spanish and or French port for instance etc or even terminate in a neighbouring country. Of course not ideal, but less complicated than in Asia for instance as distances are also much smaller.

We are also booked on this cruise. Yesterday they changed the ports on website and cruise planner. We didn’t receive a mail yet, hope we can change our cruise because we especially booked this one to visit Italy...

BF0C2DBD-3E39-4967-875F-EEC747F0A579.jpeg