OBC For No Show Guest

SpainAlien

Hi, silly question:

my son is going on Carnival Conquest, the original booking was for him and his girlfriend but they have now split up so she will be a no show, is it possible to get her share of the non-refundable OBC that was part of the booking moved to his sail & sign card?

Thanks in advance of your replies

How was the cruise booked?

If it was a single booking with two names and all payments were made by the one  of the passengers, then, depending on the fine print of the offer booked under, the OBC will be to the cabin (under the name of the passenger responsible for the final payment and on board charges).

If the booking involved two reservations with different names and payment responsibility, then it might appear by name. 

When you check-in, fill out your documents as if both passengers are going to travel on one sign and sail charge account.  Do not tell them the other passenger will be a no show until you get to the port.  Your mileage may vary, but this is the most likely way you would be able to preserve the OBC.

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, loanshark said:

When you check-in, fill out your documents as if both passengers are going to travel on one sign and sail charge account.  Do not tell them the other passenger will be a no show until you get to the port.  Your mileage may vary, but this is the most likely way you would be able to preserve the OBC.

That's what we have done then at the port she just won't be there.

If he can't get the OBC it's not the end of the world, I'm just trying to improve a bad situation for him, after all we've paid for double occupancy even though it will just be him

I just went through the same mess, I call it, with my friend that just cancelled out.  I paid for everything, so I know how your son feels, but then I say, things can always be worse.  Losing the money for me is not easy, and maybe it wasn't easy for the split up, but we know, life does go on, and we learn to deal with the situations.

• Like 1