Carnival Freedom and Glory stopped

I was bored and decided to lookup up to see where the Carnival Freedom was located since i'll be on that ship next month.  Currently the Freedom and Glory are several miles SE off the coast of Belize and they show as stopped.  Both ships look to be in close proximity to each other.  Are they staging for a port or is something going on?  

2 minutes ago, IonImplantTech said:

I was bored and decided to lookup up to see where the Carnival Freedom was located since i'll be on that ship next month.  Currently the Freedom and Glory are several miles SE off the coast of Belize and they show as stopped.  Both ships look to be in close proximity to each other.  Are they staging for a port or is something going on?  

Unknown, BUT Belize is a tender port and the ship has to stay anchored far off the coast. I assume environmental concerns with the second largest reef on the planet. This is always, not a now thing.

Edited by amyotravel

I was looking at google maps and they might be at Horshoe Cay.  The island doesn't show up on the map when using the cruisin me site.  It just looks like they are in the middle of the ocean lol

Edited by IonImplantTech

Carnival ships anchor well out from shore there and tender in to Belize, so there may be nothing particularly out of character here.  Dont know though of course, but may not be something to be concerned about yet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SMSACE6 said:

Carnival ships anchor well out from shore there and tender in to Belize, so there may be nothing particularly out of character here.  Dont know though of course, but may not be something to be concerned about yet.

I wasn't concerned.  I was just bored and curious LOL