EZ-Air price drop after Final Payment

13cheermom

So first time using ez-air, but have referred quite a few times since booking last year.  We just made final payment 2/16/20 for our cruise and airfare.  Checked today and another $50 drop in our airfare, went it and selected and got confirmation of new pricing.  My question is what do they do with the $50 they have already received in my final payment?  Since I am before the 45 -day mark of changes, do they give an OBC for that difference or refund it back to my cc?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks. I searched these boards for 40 + pages and couldn't find any answers to this question.

7 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So first time using ez-air, but have referred quite a few times since booking last year.  We just made final payment 2/16/20 for our cruise and airfare.  Checked today and another $50 drop in our airfare, went it and selected and got confirmation of new pricing.  My question is what do they do with the $50 they have already received in my final payment?  Since I am before the 45 -day mark of changes, do they give an OBC for that difference or refund it back to my cc?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks. I searched these boards for 40 + pages and couldn't find any answers to this question.

From personal experience, it hasn’t been refunded to my card until 30 days after the sail date. But if you call Princess or your TA, they can request a refund be initiated and it’ll be refunded to your card within 10-15 business days.

10 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

When I priced it out, it said the difference will be refunded to the payment method (credit card).

Must have missed that in the process, lol.  I was trying to hurry and get the price change because I had another cabin to refare also, and have seen where the lower price went back up.  This is the first time I have referred since making final payment.  Just know their CSR are slammed with this new cancellation policy so not a good time to try and find out this answer right now.  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, idahospud said:

From personal experience, it hasn’t been refunded to my card until 30 days after the sail date. But if you call Princess or your TA, they can request a refund be initiated and it’ll be refunded to your card within 10-15 business days.

Wonder why after the sale date?  Maybe incase you don't show or something, I mean it's already paid in full.  Might wait until Monday and see if I can get through to a CSR.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

When you refared did you keep the same flights or change to different ones?

If the same flights, did you lose your seat assignments?

I‘ve never changed after final payment before.  So it can be done up to 45 days prior?

41 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

When you refared did you keep the same flights or change to different ones?

If the same flights, did you lose your seat assignments?

I‘ve never changed after final payment before.  So it can be done up to 45 days prior?

I just refared our existing flights, since there is basically only 1 flight option from east coast to Seattle non-stop for us.  Actually when you click on change/modify tab and it finds the current rate if you select to approve change it cancels your current seat assignment and flight while booking your new flight fare.  But then you can go in and just select the new seats at the same time since they are made available within the cancellation.  We are flying with Delta, so seat assignments are easy to do, also we are flying Premium Economy (that might factor into it).  After researching some more in the threads all the way back to December, some stated they had to call in to Princess to request the overpayment refund to be credited back to cc, or if using a TA they had to call Princess to request it.  With everything else going on right now I will wait till sometime next week to try and call and see if I can just get it added to OBC, for both of our cabins.

• Like 1