love than MBNA credit card

smeyer418

I used my first one for my April trip and it too was fast - I was very impressed. Even though I was told 3 weeks, it arrived in about a week.

I have been told at least 3 weeks each time I used mine but it has never been more than a week. I have used the points for four cruises now.

I have one of these...what's the special deal about it?

If it's a NCL-MBNA credit card you will be earning points, which equal dollars off your cruise. 500 points are equal to $500 off your cruise. We were able to get $2000 off our cruise in April.... There is a maximum of 1000 points per year, 250 points maximum per month. We have several different accounts because we max them out rather quickly.

:)

I have one of these...what's the special deal about it?

Earn FREE Cruises and Stateroom Upgrades on Norwegian Cruise Line, Orient Lines, and Star Cruises!§

Earn 25 Compass Rewards Points with your first qualifying use of the card—that’s 25% of the first rewards level!§§

Earn 3 points for every $100 in purchases made with the card.§

Earn 4 points for every $100 in purchases made with the card for Norwegian Cruise Line products and services.§

Introductory 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR)† for Cash Advance Checks and Balance Transfers through your first twelve billing cycles.*

http://www.MBNA.com—your complete online resource! Secure, instant access to your credit card account, online shopping, and more.

Absolute fraud protection against unauthorized use, online and offline

Compass Rewards Points for Stateroom Upgrades§

100 One category upgrade for first person in stateroom.

200 One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

300 Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom.

500 Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

Compass Rewards Points for Cruise Discounts

500 $500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking.

1000 $1,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

1500 $1,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2000 $2,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2500 $2,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

3000 $3,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

seasonedtraveler, the NCL MBNA card is one of those reward cards. For every 100 dollars you spend you get 3 points (4 if using for an NCL purchase). Once you get to 250 points you are entitled to some sort of upgrade which hardly anyone bothers to use. 500 points can be used toward final payment as 500 dollars. There are some time limits (very reasonable) on using the points and I think a limit on how many you can use in a year. I know we got 1000 dollars off a cruise from ours. Many people charge everything they can (especially big ticket items) to get the points. But notice it is a special NCL card, not just any MBNA card (owned by Bank of America now)

I am going to be cashing in on at least $500.00 worth of credits for my August cruise and will wait a little longer to see how many more I can accumulate. I have around 750 now. How will I go about this? Do I call NCL?

Or do I call MBNA? I am thrilled that everyone has seen quick results in getting these credits. Do I have these credited before my final payment like in April or May? I am confused (can you tell?) so any help will be greatly appreciated. This card was one of the the best tips I have ever gotten off these boards. I tried to talk my boyfriend into getting one but he wouldn't. Now he is mad that I will be getting at least $500 off my 1/2 of the cruise.

HA HA HA

It is just incredible how helpful everyone is here. Now I have one less thing to worry about. It sounds easy enough. I may have to do some early shopping for cruise clothes so I can get even more off my cruise. I win both ways! College tuition is going on it this year for 2 daughters. Now I just have to figure out where I want to cruise next year for less!

Always cash in $500 certificates for booking payments. The smaller amounts for upgrades aren't worth it.

Once you get the certifictes send them the address on the back and they will be credited to you booking just like money. I usually send them just before final payment. Then they will be credited and I will know exactly what the final payment is.

It the points create an over payment, you well get a credit on your MBNA account for the difference.

Carole

When I get an MBNA bill, there is a points total on the bottom of the statement. Does that total reflect the points before or after I make the payment on that bill? I always pay the balance in full each month and just paid off airfare for 9 people for the cruise. I was so happy to put the 4,500 on my card. I just wondered if the points shown were before or after that 4500 payment.

If I pay the cruise off with the MBNA will I get 4 points per $100? I have 3 cabins in my name so it could get me a bunch of points for next years cruise. I just may have to book it before I get off the Star in August.

When I get an MBNA bill, there is a points total on the bottom of the statement. Does that total reflect the points before or after I make the payment on that bill? I always pay the balance in full each month and just paid off airfare for 9 people for the cruise. I was so happy to put the 4,500 on my card. I just wondered if the points shown were before or after that 4500 payment.

If I pay the cruise off with the MBNA will I get 4 points per $100? I have 3 cabins in my name so it could get me a bunch of points for next years cruise. I just may have to book it before I get off the Star in August.

Your point balance includes all charges that are on that statement. Yes you do get an extra percentage with NCL charges.

(and some of the deposit was returned too)

It the points create an over payment, you well get a credit on your MBNA account for the difference.

I thought that you couldn't use the certs for the downpayment. But now it seems I was mistaken. So the way to do this is make the down payment on your cc and then submit one $500 cert more than the balance due amount. Thanks for the tip.

:D

Thanks for the number. I am going to ask my TA if she will do this. She was not very knowledgeable about the MBNA certificates at all when I booked my cruise so maybe she is unfamiliar with the process. I don't want her messing things up so if she isn't sure, I will do it myself.

I'm not sure if someone other than yourself can do it since when you call they have to access your account (privacy thing here). Do check with her though. According to mine, she had no trouble forwarding the certificates to NCL. I sent them to her registered mail so I knew they arrived and she sent me a receipt showing they had been applied to our payment.

HELP! I have $1000 in MBNA certificates that expire in April '06. We had planned to cruise in Feb. and use them, but our plans got changed.

Does anyone know what options we have (short of booking a cruise in March)? Can the certificates/points be credited back to our account? Can we use them for something else?

Thanks in advance!

HELP! I have $1000 in MBNA certificates that expire in April '06. We had planned to cruise in Feb. and use them, but our plans got changed.

Does anyone know what options we have (short of booking a cruise in March)? Can the certificates/points be credited back to our account? Can we use them for something else?

Thanks in advance!

Call MBNA I believe for a fee you can have the certificates added back to your account, but they will revert to the old expiration dates...

You could send a family member on a cruise.....as long as your paying. (You could adopt me.....)

Call MBNA I believe for a fee you can have the certificates added back to your account, but they will revert to the old expiration dates...

You could send a family member on a cruise.....as long as your paying. (You could adopt me.....)

I took your advice and called MBNA. They were pretty rude and said they don't let you add the points/certificates back to your account, even for a fee. Nothing like good customer service :(

I took your advice and called MBNA. They were pretty rude and said they don't let you add the points/certificates back to your account, even for a fee. Nothing like good customer service :(

I thought another cruiser a couple of years ago was able to do it, but had to pay a fee of about $25... Maybe they have changed the rules, or you got ahold of a bad customer service rep who didn't want to help you.

I wonder if they would let you speak with a supervisor at MBNA... other than that there is still that adoption thing...I would love another cruise...LOL.

I thought another cruiser a couple of years ago was able to do it, but had to pay a fee of about $25... Maybe they have changed the rules, or you got ahold of a bad customer service rep who didn't want to help you.

I wonder if they would let you speak with a supervisor at MBNA... other than that there is still that adoption thing...I would love another cruise...LOL.

Great minds think alike! I called and got another customer service rep who was much more helpful. She said to mail the certificates to a certain address and they would credit them back to the account. She didn't mention any charges, so I'm not sure if this will work or not. Talking to MBNA is like talking to the government...nobody knows what each other is doing!

And if this doesn't work, I'll give you the certificates. Although I was told you can't transfer them either :eek:

Great minds think alike! I called and got another customer service rep who was much more helpful. She said to mail the certificates to a certain address and they would credit them back to the account. She didn't mention any charges, so I'm not sure if this will work or not. Talking to MBNA is like talking to the government...nobody knows what each other is doing!

And if this doesn't work, I'll give you the certificates. Although I was told you can't transfer them either :eek:

Hey, wait a minute... I had dibs on them from the other thread!

Good luck! I hope returning them works for you. Please let us know how it comes out.

Archived