Renovated Freedom of the Seas Entering the San Juan Bay

3 minutes ago, RIcruiseGuy said:

I'm in San Juan now for a Vision of the Seas embarkation tomorrow, Saturday, March 6.

I'm surprised to see Freedom here docked...Shouldn't it still be on it's March 1 itinerary in progress, and not docked in San Juan?   

no, it is on schedule to leave Sunday for its 1st voyage after dry dock.  I think originally they had a 3/1 sailing but cancelled that many months ago to have the extra week to amp

What great photos, thank you so much for sharing!!  We are sailing on freedom on May 24 and are so excited. I've been watching her voyage on cruisemapper and couldn't wait for actual pics. Would love more, please!

We were on the Freedom of the Seas sailing on December 1.  Just noticed the new tube slides at the rear of the ship.  Do you know if they took out the Flow Rider and put the slides in, in its place?  Just curious.  Enjoyed the ship and ABC itinerary immensely!  Would do it again in a heart beat!

14 minutes ago, Ontario cruise duo said:

We were on the Freedom of the Seas sailing on December 1.  Just noticed the new tube slides at the rear of the ship.  Do you know if they took out the Flow Rider and put the slides in, in its place?  Just curious.  Enjoyed the ship and ABC itinerary immensely!  Would do it again in a heart beat!

From the vidoe I saw a couple weeks ago, the slides replaced the mini golf, and there is a new mini golf somewhere else.

We sailed on freedom last april and are booked for this April. 

14 minutes ago, Ontario cruise duo said:

The Flow Rider is still there. They put the slides in the location of the mini golf course and moved the mini golf course to the front of the ship. 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:48 PM, nah31 said:

From the vidoe I saw a couple weeks ago, the slides replaced the mini golf, and there is a new mini golf somewhere else.

We sailed on freedom last april and are booked for this April. 

are you still planning on going if RC doesn't cancel?  We are booked on the Freedom for 5/10 and really want to go, but this COVID19 is daunting!

28 minutes ago, pmck said:

are you still planning on going if RC doesn't cancel?  We are booked on the Freedom for 5/10 and really want to go, but this COVID19 is daunting!

As of right now,  3 out of 4 in our group are still planning on going. Though the situation is changing daily, so it's hard to say. We did not purchase travel insurance,  so there is no difference if we cancel today, or cancel on April 10th...So we might as well keep our reservations for now. I'm just monitoring the situation daily. We also have flights from NJ to San Juan,  rental cars, and Airbnb booked. Have not cancelled anything yet. People look at me crazy when I say we are still planning on going, although they dont realize thousands of people are still getting on cruises daily. 

We are booked to sail on Freedom 4/19.  Unless RC cancels the sailing or the flights to San Juan are grounded we plan to go as well.  We have been looking forward to this cruise for months, and because of various situations at work this will be my only opportunity to cruise this year.  I’m crossing my fingers and saying my prayers that by then some of this excitement will have settled down.

With the recent photos of FoS, I have noticed a disturbing eyesore, the windows on deck 11 in the area of "the incident" have  tarps or are covered up. Is this something temporary, is the area shut down, does anyone have info?