Aft Suites on the Diamond...need help

PrincessMelody

We are thinking about booking a VS/PS/OS aft suite on the Diamond, and was hoping that anyone who has stayed in one of these can tell me if any of them have an uncovered or mostly uncovered balcony? I love to lay out and soak up the sun.

Also, any insight as to which category is best, or if you have a particular favorite aft cabin, I'd love to hear about it or see pictures.:)

Thanks!!

We were in a Vista Suite on the Diamond Princess last summer. The cabin size is very nice and we do love the suites. The balcony is definitely completely covered, but you will get sun there unless the ship is sailing right at it, then of course there is shade. The balcony did have a table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers on the deck that are teak. We will be staying in a Grand Suite on the Sapphire Princess in April, which some of the deck is more open and we are looking forward to that cabin.

With the Vista Suite being on the corner I do think you tend to get more sun there than you would in the PS Suites that are in the middle of the back area.

Whatever you decide, you will love the cabin itself. Nice to have so much room.

Hulagirl

The second link is my friend Coral's pictures of her Vista Suite and our Penthouse Suite C402 on the Grand Princess. The only difference I can tell you about the balcony on the Vista Suite we had was the pole that was sort in the center of the balcony. Not completely in the center, but just off to one side a bit. It wasn't anything to cause a problem, but it was there.

The suites are so nice. I will warn you though, once you have one it is very difficult to go back even to a mini suite. Now we have, but that extra room and larger bathroom is so very nice. You will love it.

Hulagirl

The 3 suites at the back of Baja deck 11 have partially uncovered balconies, because I could see down from my balcony on Aloha deck 12. I don't know how much more balcony was underneath ours, but it looked like it was pretty deep, judging by the furniture they had on there, so you could sit close to the railing for maximum sun, or back under the overhang if you wanted more seclusion.

This is the link that Steven & Daniel posted that shows a few of the different suites. We had C402 on the Grand Princess.

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

The suites he is referring to on the back of the Diamond on the Baja deck are the Grand Suite, the Owner's Suite and 1 PS Suite. We have the Grand Suite on our upcoming cruise on the Shapphire Princess. Those balcony's do stick out some, but they are sometimes difficult to come by since they book quickly.

Hulagirl

Hey Trinity, I see you're in Dayton. My parents live near Dayton. We're taking them on our next cruise to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I booked two aft premium suites on Caribe (Crown Princess). They've never cruised and have only flown once. So it should be quite an adventure for them. (We would have sent them on their own but my parent's don't like to travel alone.)

Trinity,

I have a cousin who lives near you. My parents live NW of Dayton. They are retired dairy farmers who never left the farm for more than 12 hours until they retired. My brother and his wife flew them to Hawaii when they got married there 5 years ago. Otherwise, they haven't really been anywhere.

My Mom says she's going to follow us around on the ship like a shadow because she's afraid of getting lost.

Steven

Archived