Upgrade offers.

potsie57

I got another upgrade offer this morning for my cruise next week.  My balcony room that I paid for is now 50% cheaper than what I paid for it, why would MSC think that I would pay another 500.00 to 1,000.00 per person for an upgrade?  At this point the upgrades should be free....I am going on MSC with an open mind and wanted to try a new cruise line.  I love Royal Caribbean.  MSC is not making any points with me right now.  I will wait and see what their cancellation offers are this week.  I still plan on going on my cruise though.

I hear ya! I'm looking at what I paid and cringing. Kind of hoping people decide not to go and I can ask for an upgrade. I'm very happy with the room we booked, so no loss if they say no, but I plan to ask considering I've paid at least double anyone booking now. Also kind of looking forward to/hoping for a less than full ship.

I tried to switch cabin categories yesterday for our March cruise out of Miami as I also saw the great prices out there now and my cancellation penalty was going to be more than the new price I saw. So I too am waiting to see what tomorrow’s story is. 

I was in the same situation in November, MSC would not let me upgrade to take advantage of the new lower prices - both before and after final payment.  I was told to bid on an upgrade.  When the bidding came out the minimum bid combined with what I had already paid was still way more than the current prices for new bookings.  It definitely discouraged me from making any more bookings before final payment date.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, potsie57 said:

I got another upgrade offer this morning for my cruise next week.  My balcony room that I paid for is now 50% cheaper than what I paid for it, why would MSC think that I would pay another 500.00 to 1,000.00 per person for an upgrade?  At this point the upgrades should be free....I am going on MSC with an open mind and wanted to try a new cruise line.  I love Royal Caribbean.  MSC is not making any points with me right now.  I will wait and see what their cancellation offers are this week.  I still plan on going on my cruise though.

On 3/8/2020 at 12:24 PM, Talex831 said:

I hear ya! I'm looking at what I paid and cringing. Kind of hoping people decide not to go and I can ask for an upgrade. I'm very happy with the room we booked, so no loss if they say no, but I plan to ask considering I've paid at least double anyone booking now. Also kind of looking forward to/hoping for a less than full ship.

On 3/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, cellfree said:

I tried to switch cabin categories yesterday for our March cruise out of Miami as I also saw the great prices out there now and my cancellation penalty was going to be more than the new price I saw. So I too am waiting to see what tomorrow’s story is. 

Are any of you still trying to upgrade or going to try again? I booked through a travel agent and I don't want to send her on a fool's errand, but we sail Sunday and at this point, could cancel and rebook connecting balconies for half of what we paid for a balcony and an inside. I'm fixated on getting moved to connecting balconies and wondering if I should ask her to call (again) or ask at embarkation. She's called twice before, but that was before the FCC offer and they just said no. 

How messed up would the luggage situation be if we got moved at the terminal check-in. Do they have a good process to make sure the bags get to the new room? That's my biggest concern with waiting. Also that probably everybody is going to be asking the same question and could get all the inventory before we get there, when we're specifically looking for connecting.