Seaside today!

macdon221

On the seaside. Out 3rd time aboard. So we have something to compare to.  

the only difference in protocol that I can see is that there is an attendant placing sanitizing solution on everyones hands prior to entering dining room. That’s it.  No additional sanitizing stations etc. 

cruise seems to be about 2/3 full. Quiet. It has been windy. Zero talk or anything about CV. A few sheets in your room about hand washing. It has been good!  A great ship.  

My opinion...it’s a shame. I work in the aviation industry. The media has totally “controlled” the travel industry on the CV issue. If it was pnemonia...like happens every week in scores of nursing homes across the world...you would hear nothing about it. Most get mild symptoms...CV or not...few days feel better and move on....like regular life....you think those millions of cases are getting reported?  Nope. So how accurate are your numbers?

if there was a military/troop/war event going on right now...you would hear zero about CV. Nothing. It would not exist. 

just my two cents. 

• Like 4

Glad you are having a good cruise!  We are on the Seaside on the next outing and debating on cancelling (have a kid with T1D and is in a bad way if he gets anything like the flu).

I agree with you on the worry on this thing.  No way to contain it, it will run its course anyway.  I think most people are not worried about the getting sick part, more the being quarantined part.  However, I could think of a few worse places to get stuck at!

Continue to enjoy!

I’m on the Seaside now too!!! Besides this crappy weather we’re having a great time!! 
Anxious to get on land tonight though. Looking forward to a beautiful day in St Thomas tomorrow.  It’s a nice break from all the bad news. If I could only stop hubby from watching the news! 

1 hour ago, puglady12 said:

all the bad news. If I could only stop hubby from watching the news! 

I understand your comment.  I have a friend that keeps watching the financial news and keeps moaning about "10 years of work--gone!".  His wife makes him turn off the TV.  Then, he sneaks peaks on his cell phone.