Buying Cheers Online w Gifts cards

mustardgirl

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find the answer and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

So have the cheers pkg in my cart and on the payment details page, entered both my gift cards says applied but it won't let me place order.... wth. The only thing I can think of is it wants a credit card, but I don't want them to charge on my credit card when I have given enough in gift cards to cover the cost. So is this the problem? Do I have to put in a cc number? Anyone else have this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

thank you in advance.. btw tried calling and naturally was left on hold... I get it probably lots of people canceling cruises right now.

I had the same issue the other day when I was buying my Cheers package with a gift card.... I finally scrolled down a little bit farther on the page and saw where it was asking for the gift card holder's address.  After I filled out that portion, I was able to complete my order without issue.  This may be the same issue you're having....

The only thing I would check is to make sure you are entering the amount you want to pay from each card, not the amount of money currently on the card.

Simple example:  Cheers is 800.  You have 2 500.00 gift cards.  On the first one you enter, specify 500.  On the second specify 300.

If you are already doing it this way I have no other ideas to offer.

Thanks everyone's. Not urgent, just wanted to get it done. I did enter the address info. I didn't see anywhere to specify how much but when I added them it took out the correct amount. I even went ahead and added my cc on there and got an error message. So who knows, I guess I will try again in a couple days. Thanks again everyone 

Ok so I have tried again, and I still can't get this to work! I entered the gift card info asked for, address too just didn't make it on the screen shot, as you can see my gift cards cover the amount needed but won't let me purchase. I have even tried adding my credit card info , that allows the purchase button but then I get an error message that it couldn't complete the transaction. So frustrating, and now looking at having to call to see if I can find someone there that knows what they are doing 🙄, if I can even get to talk to someone. 

IMG_4235.PNG

10 hours ago, mustardgirl said:

Ok so I have tried again, and I still can't get this to work! I entered the gift card info asked for, address too just didn't make it on the screen shot, as you can see my gift cards cover the amount needed but won't let me purchase. I have even tried adding my credit card info , that allows the purchase button but then I get an error message that it couldn't complete the transaction. So frustrating, and now looking at having to call to see if I can find someone there that knows what they are doing 🙄, if I can even get to talk to someone. 

IMG_4235.PNG

What browser are you using?  Try doing it in private mode. 

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

What browser are you using?  Try doing it in private mode. 

I'm using safari. I'll try private and see if that works. Also yes I have clicked and I clicked  cart summary, its correct and didn't help.

I will probably just have to break down and call.. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I appreciate all the help thou

16 minutes ago, mustardgirl said:

I'm using safari. I'll try private and see if that works. Also yes I have clicked and I clicked  cart summary, its correct and didn't help.

I will probably just have to break down and call.. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I appreciate all the help thou

I just thought of something else. The system may not like your address.  Have you paid with gift cards online previously, since they required an address? 

You can try fiddling with how your address is written, or try a work address, or even a family members address. 

47 minutes ago, mustardgirl said:

Calling won't help, it will just waste your time.  They cannot accept gift cards for Cheers over the phone.

So I figured I would post my "fix" I figured out for the problem I was having, incase anyone else runs into this issue and finds this post. 

Since it would let me be able to click place order if i put my credit card number in, yet would give me an error. I decided to use part of one of my gift cards to pay down my cruise, I used just enough so that I would be $2. shy of being able to pay for cheers. So then went back to purchasing cheers, entered all the information as before. Only difference is this time I was $2 short so my credit card would need to be charged that in order to go through.... needless to say it worked. I can't explain why it wasn't happy with my 2 gift cards alone, but it wasn't.  Anyway, hope this helps someone in the future... Now I can't wait to get on the ship and enjoy the cheers pkg!