Explorer - Many thanks to Zqueeze and Shippy for their up-to-the-minute reports

Geldankat

I just wanted to express my appreciation to Shippy and Zqueeze for their live blogs while cruising on Explorer this past week: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2740712-first-morning-under-new-rules/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2738615-“live-from-the-explorer”-or-z-and-tb-mambo-in-the-caribbean/

My husband and I are scheduled to be on the March 24th cruise.  For the first time since this madness began, we're having second thoughts.  It's beginning to sound like many of the inclusions may no longer be included in this all-inclusive!  I understand the need to be cautious, but if they're going to be limiting food options, ports of call/shore excursions and little extras like smoothie bars, specialty coffees, etc., it seems like a lot of the luxury  that makes this cruise a  luxury experience is lost.  Also, I'll go ahead and state the obvious: it wasn't cheap!  I feel like we'll be getting a lot less bang for our buck. 

We were so looking forward to trying Regent for the first time, but we're just not sure now.  I'll be very disappointed if we don't go after so many months of anticipation. Please keep us posted, Shippy and Zqueeze!  I'll keep watching and I guess we'll make our final decision this weekend. 

Thank you again!

• Like 1

Well, that's one way to look at it, fluckey!  I guess all we can do is continue to monitor the situation for now. It's decent of Regent to have implemented such a flexible policy regarding cancellations though. 

3 hours ago, Geldankat said:

I just wanted to express my appreciation to Shippy and Zqueeze for their live blogs while cruising on Explorer this past week: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2740712-first-morning-under-new-rules/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2738615-“live-from-the-explorer”-or-z-and-tb-mambo-in-the-caribbean/

My husband and I are scheduled to be on the March 24th cruise.  For the first time since this madness began, we're having second thoughts.  It's beginning to sound like many of the inclusions may no longer be included in this all-inclusive!  I understand the need to be cautious, but if they're going to be limiting food options, ports of call/shore excursions and little extras like smoothie bars, specialty coffees, etc., it seems like a lot of the luxury  that makes this cruise a  luxury experience is lost.  Also, I'll go ahead and state the obvious: it wasn't cheap!  I feel like we'll be getting a lot less bang for our buck. 

We were so looking forward to trying Regent for the first time, but we're just not sure now.  I'll be very disappointed if we don't go after so many months of anticipation. Please keep us posted, Shippy and Zqueeze!  I'll keep watching and I guess we'll make our final decision this weekend. 

Thank you again!

Oops....did not mean to emply food choices and things like specialty coffees were not available, just not quite as easily accessible.
At coffee connection there are now 2 attendants, one for coffee or tea the other for snacks. Every thing there, you might just have to wait a few minutes as you cannot grab anything yourself.

Food at LaVarada was yummy at both breakfast and lunch. Just the serving area smaller and if you get behind someone who does’t want that much lettuce and were given the wrong tomato slice, etc. the line can back up.

All the food is first class. Today they had a taco bar at lunch with lots of condiments.

You were dependent on pointing to what you wanted and the attendant was doing his best.

The only port of call we missed was Grand Cayman and that was because the islands main garbage dump was on fire and spewing toxic smoke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1