Questions about the Pearl

nalrudaini

Hello everyone. 

We are going on our first NCL cruise aboard the Pearl out of NYC, sailing in a Haven suite.

What time would be a good time to arrive at port for check-in?

How early would our cabin be ready?

The door to our cabin is facing the door to the Haven courtyard.  Should I be concerned with noise throughout the day?

I have an 11 years old twins.  Would it be acceptable for them to use the Haven pool, or would other passengers have an issue with them?  They are quiet and respectful.  Figured we would use that pool on Sea Days, and the main pool on port days.

Is the sun deck accessible all day long, or do they shut down at night?

Thanking you in advance for your feedback 🙂

10 hours ago, nalrudaini said:

Hello everyone. 

We are going on our first NCL cruise aboard the Pearl out of NYC, sailing in a Haven suite.

What time would be a good time to arrive at port for check-in?

How early would our cabin be ready?

The door to our cabin is facing the door to the Haven courtyard.  Should I be concerned with noise throughout the day?

I have an 11 years old twins.  Would it be acceptable for them to use the Haven pool, or would other passengers have an issue with them?  They are quiet and respectful.  Figured we would use that pool on Sea Days, and the main pool on port days.

Is the sun deck accessible all day long, or do they shut down at night?

Thanking you in advance for your feedback 🙂

When we sail out of there we plan for 10ish but have been getting there early due to light traffic.  Typically boarding will start around 11 to 11:30 for Haven.  Haven cabins, usually by 1 but could be sooner, just ask.  The Haven on the Jewel Class ships is very small.  We were on Gem Haven (although up a floor in a DOS) but spent quite a bit of time in the Haven pool area and hallways.  It was like a library most of the time.  Wouldn't worry about noise.

The pool is very small.  I wouldn't care about your kids in the pool if they were not screaming, but others just don't like kids.  Can't say for sure for hours but we did go up there one night, but not super late.  Also, for drinks, sometimes there is a courtyard server who will get you drinks.  We found it easy enough just to go down two floors to the pool bar which has some of the longer bar hours on the ship although there can be some lines at peak times.  As you walk forward towards the front elevator, there is a door on the port side with stairs so you can use those if you don't want to use the elevators.

• Thanks 1