Canceled in the 30days, now what?

ashmo8

Our cruise was one of the ones canceled (4/5 Harmony). We opted for the full refund over the FCC. When I submitted the form, Royal said they will refund me within 30 days and I will receive a follow up notice. I didn’t get any notice yet. Anyone else push the refund button? What’s been your experience thus far? I used different cards for the deposit, incremental payments, and final payment....so am I getting credit cards  refits credits all over the place?

Our cruise was also cancelled (March 21 Vision).  We selected the refund option.  I was expecting an email confirmation, and then a refund in 30 days.  So far no email confirmation.  I think we have to be patient, they must be overwhelmed right now.

11 minutes ago, snowmom said:

Our cruise was also cancelled (March 21 Vision).  We selected the refund option.  I was expecting an email confirmation, and then a refund in 30 days.  So far no email confirmation.  I think we have to be patient, they must be overwhelmed right now.

Nice to see someone with common sense.  Another thread on same topic and all expect "instant gratification."  I too had a cruise cancel and will file for refund but in light of the thousands of cruisers in the same situation I don't expect an instant reply.  What's the hurry?  I am only hoping all practice good health suggestions and don't keep the virus spreading as I have another cruise booked for June.  Stay well all.

• Like 3

I don’t have unreasonable expectations, I was just more concerned that I didn’t get an automatic email confirming my selection. I don’t expect an immediate refund. Just trying to figure out what everyone else was getting.

2 minutes ago, ashmo8 said:

I was just more concerned that I didn’t get an automatic email confirming my selection.

Again, you need to adjust your expectations, RCI IT is not known for automatic emails in good times and certainly one should not expect it now.