Have you received refund payment from NCL?

ronheg

41 minutes ago, ronheg said:

We cancelled our cruise on 3/5/20 and we are still waiting for the credit to appear on our NCL mastercard.  Has anyone received their credit?

They've stated that refunds can take up to 90 days right now.

Hi, my cruise scheduled for April 11th was cancelled and I filled out the form online for a refund. I received an auto-reply that it would be up to 90 days. Will the refund be for the entire amount I paid, including the taxes, fees, and port charges? Also, I had pre-paid my gratuities and also pre-paid for the upgraded internet separately on my credit card through the NCL app. Does anyone know if that will be automatically refunded as well? I tried to call Cruises Only but was on hold for over an hour and could not wait any longer. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, mocha1208 said:

Hi, my cruise scheduled for April 11th was cancelled and I filled out the form online for a refund. I received an auto-reply that it would be up to 90 days. Will the refund be for the entire amount I paid, including the taxes, fees, and port charges? Also, I had pre-paid my gratuities and also pre-paid for the upgraded internet separately on my credit card through the NCL app. Does anyone know if that will be automatically refunded as well? I tried to call Cruises Only but was on hold for over an hour and could not wait any longer. Thank you!

Where did you find the form? The email we got says that they won't start until March 23. 

2 hours ago, ronheg said:

We cancelled our cruise on 3/5/20 and we are still waiting for the credit to appear on our NCL mastercard.  Has anyone received their credit?

I cancelled on 3/6 and no refund yet on my AMEX or VISA (used 2 different payment options). We are not in the 90 days category. I thought thats only for the folks who cancelled after the new cancellation policy. I cancelled before that.

48 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Where did you find the form? The email we got says that they won't start until March 23. 

Ditto -- both the email and the rep on the phone said it wouldn't be available until March 23.  Can you attach a link?  As a separate inquiry -- my understanding was the refund would be in the form paid....so if they credit our credit card, we then have to request a check from the CC company?

We were booked on Pride of America on March 14, 2020.

Following the river of bad news regarding COVID-19 published on March 11, we cancelled on March 12. In a sense we were lucky, we were scheduled to fly to Honolulu on March 13, however, during our flying time, NCL cancelled the cruise. So, had we not cancelled, we would have been stranded in Honolulu.

My question is: Future cruise credit versus refund? 

We paid taxes, prepaid gratuities, gratuities on the beverage package, internet and NCL excursions in addition to the basis cruise fares for our cabins.

Does anyone knows which elements of the above mentioned list should be refunded on our credit card versus included in a FCC? 

• 2 months later...

Anyone have an update? We were booked on the Norwegian Joy May 16 for our 20th anniversary. They canceled the cruise in April, we had to wait until May 7 to request the refund, but as of June 2, they have not credited the card (or mailed us a refund).

Thanks for any information!

On 3/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, cachouonacruise said:

We paid taxes, prepaid gratuities, gratuities on the beverage package, internet and NCL excursions in addition to the basis cruise fares for our cabins.

42 minutes ago, Heather_CHS said:

Anyone have an update? We were booked on the Norwegian Joy May 16 for our 20th anniversary. They canceled the cruise in April, we had to wait until May 7 to request the refund, but as of June 2, they have not credited the card (or mailed us a refund).

Thanks for any information!

For our cancelled March 2020 Hawaïan cruise, all the fees mentioned above (first quote) were included in a Future Cruise Credit. No refund provided to us, not even as I had initially expected, for the cancelled ship shore excursions.

Actually, I was about to forget, the only element that was refunded was the internet.

Did you request a refund or did you want the future cruise credit? (We booked in November, before anyone in the USA knew COVID-19 existed) It seems now that the option for a refund is non-existent for some time frames, and only available if you cancel 4 months before the cruise for other time frames. We did not cancel, NCL did, so it's hard to accept them holding our money until August for a canceled May cruise 😞

The Pandemic was declared on March 11.

Our flight to Honolulu was departing on March 13. The cruise was scheduled to depart Honolulu on March 14.

On March 11, events were unfolding rapidly, and it became clear that if we left as planned on the 13, we would likely be challenged during our return process home.... (The likelihood of a quarantine was really high and the risk of return flights being cancelled was significant)

So we cancelled on March 12. NCL subsequently cancelled the cruise on March 13. (Had we not cancelled, the NCL cruise cancellation would have been received during our flight to Honolulu...)

I expected full refunds for prepaid gratuities, beverage package, shore excursions and taxes and either a loss or at least hopefully, a FCC on the cabin fare.

I had long discussions with my TA about the « unfair » refusal of the cruise line to refund items which I was positive, were indicated as fully refundable at the time of purchase if cancelled 48 hour or more before the excursion/cruise.  And we met that deadline! 

Unfortunately, Covid changed the world and the NLC policies. Despite the fact that our purchases were all made prior to the policy change, the cancellation occurred slightly after.... By the new policy, NCL elected to issue FCC for everything, including the cabin fare despite being passed the final payment date; but no refund for anything, except internet.

In hindsight, I should have first cancelled prepaid items and requested refunds and then cancel the cruise.... but our timing was tight. But, the outcome may have been the same.

It's tough either way. I completely understand not being able to risk a quarantine. We would have cancelled 2 days before our cruise if they had not canceled. I hope you have a great cruise when you rebook!

Thank you Heather-CHS for your kind wishes. 

These are tough times, exceptional times for everyone.

People all over our planet are struggling. Loved ones are sick, dying or already deceased. These people often had little time to say good bye and in a lot of cases, at least in Canada, some elderly people were left alone during their last moments. Furthermore, businesses of all sizes are struggling, including every component of the touristic industry. Business owners often put all their heart and financial ressources in their business, and then an unforeseeable enemy showed up its ugly face: Covid! 

So, although I was initially disappointed about the outcome regarding our cancelled NCL cruise, I understand that companies such as NCL have to take exceptional measures to stay afloat.

In short, my struggle refund versus FCC is a very minute issue in the scope of what we are going through.

So, I have already rebooked a new cruise with NCL. I wish with all my heart that world conditions will allow us to live this experience. We have never sailed with NCL. But, so many uncertainties to overcome. Keeping my fingers crossed!