March 7 Summit

Madu00

Wondering if anyone out there was on the March 7 Summit out of San Juan.  Since we were not allowed to disembark in Puerto Rico we had to sail an extra 2 days to Fort Lauderdale. The captain announced we would all receive a 50% refund as well as 50% off a future cruise. As of now have not received any info from Celebrity. I realize they are swamped but wondered if there is something I need to do/ or if anyone has heard from them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 hours ago, Madu00 said:

Wondering if anyone out there was on the March 7 Summit out of San Juan.  Since we were not allowed to disembark in Puerto Rico we had to sail an extra 2 days to Fort Lauderdale. The captain announced we would all receive a 50% refund as well as 50% off a future cruise. As of now have not received any info from Celebrity. I realize they are swamped but wondered if there is something I need to do/ or if anyone has heard from them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you receive what Captain Mat announced in writing from Celebrity? 

8 minutes ago, Madu00 said:

No we did not get anything in writing......did not think we needed to. 

I would call the Captains Club 1-800-760-0654. Tell them your sail date, ship and what you were told by Capt. Mat. Ask them if they could help you find out any additional info or put you in contact with someone in the know. Never hurts to ask. 

Edited by davekathy

We saved the letter but nothing yet.  And doubt we will get any refund for awhile.   As good as it sounded and we all cheered, it was clarified that it was not 50% off next cruise but 50% refund and 50% credit (amount of your refund) towards a next cruise.  I was already pricing out suites until it was clarified   The captain who wandered the ship and visited passengers over the next two days confirmed he made a mistake.   But when and if anyone does get their refund would appreciate if you can share that information!    

Happy to be home and we are on Day 5 of self isolating.   Incredible how the world changed in just a few days into our cruise.  I feel we were in La La Land while on vacation (even though we followed MSNBC daily) and came back to scary times.   We are ALL so lucky we were able to disembark.   

Stay healthy everyone!     

Just curious how and when did you get the letter?  I think I somehow missed that.

I’m sure it will take a while but still would be nice to know if we are really getting it.

We are also very happy to be home and we are some of the lucky ones.  Still some cruise ships out there trying to find places to disembark.

i will try calling - not sure how easy it will be to get through right now.

if anyone hears from them please post here.

Here is the letter from the Summit Captain, along with documentation from the Quebec Province website and the CDC that indicates there was Coronavirus exposure on the March 7 Summit sailing.  I'm disappointed we have heard nothing from Celebrity.

CDC Notice Summit Coronovirus.pdf Summit Sailing Compensation.pdf

Edited by jmbklj

We were on the Summit the March 07 sailing & have heard nothing related to Covid on the cruise although suspected. Apparently they do not notify passengers. We did choose to self isolate upon our return & will do so for 14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums