EZ Air Trivia

Tedferg

You guys are lucky to find airfare price drops. I have been looking since Jan on EZ Air and have not seen a drop.  I don't have anything booked with EZAir yet and am still waiting to find a decent price to europe in Oct

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

You guys are lucky to find airfare price drops. I have been looking since Jan on EZ Air and have not seen a drop.  I don't have anything booked with EZAir yet and am still waiting to find a decent price to europe in Oct

Why wait.  You do not have to pay until final payment date for your cruise.  You can cancel prior to final payment date without penalty.  You can change your reservation should you find a better or cheaper flight.  

I travelled to Vancouver last September.  I changed flights twice for lower prices and once for a better connection.  

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Book now utilizing Flexible option.   You can always take advantage of price drops up until 45 days prior.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Why wait.  You do not have to pay until final payment date for your cruise.  You can cancel prior to final payment date without penalty.  You can change your reservation should you find a better or cheaper flight.  

I travelled to Vancouver last September.  I changed flights twice for lower prices and once for a better connection.  

I am trying my best to find decent connections both going and coming back.  No worries;  I will find something and reserve it.

Guess it depends on the route (as always).  Since the COVID-19 situation began to impact cruises, let alone the more recent flying situation, I have noticed price drops for our fall EZ-Air trips (a trans-Atlantic and a trans-Pacific).  I could be down $200 with my Prem Econ booking, but I am a bit less than that as I decided to switch to BA from AA ticketing on a BA-operated flight.  If I wanted to do First, that price differential had also dropped $100 - $200 from prior peaks.  I regularly check the air situation and have made 3-4 re-pricing moves in the past month.

steelers36;  good for you;  glad your flight prices keep dropping.  Mine have not really dropped since I started looking last month.  I just booked a  October cruise last month.  I am doing multi city; so I don't really get a great price, as if I did round trip.  But I will keep looking

10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I am trying my best to find decent connections both going and coming back.  No worries;  I will find something and reserve it.

Flying from Vancouver was difficult since any flight meeting the cruise line restrictions, no flights before a certain time, meant over night flights.  We rented a day room.  We didn't arrive home until next day.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I decided to switch to BA from AA ticketing on a BA-operated flight.  

I saw a comment by the Points Guy that BA co-pay is often high. Apparently they apply fuel surcharges. A friend who is AA FF found it to be much less expensive if he avoided BA flights. This might only pertain to BA that vector through Heathrow.

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I saw a comment by the Points Guy that BA co-pay is often high. Apparently they apply fuel surcharges. A friend who is AA FF found it to be much less expensive if he avoided BA flights. This might only pertain to BA that vector through Heathrow.

Yes, I am aware that LHR is a relatively expensive airport.  So is YYZ.  That said, the price difference between AA and BA for same flight (BA-operated) is only about $35/pp.  With a price-drop, and the fact that AA recently had the flight disappear from their system for a period of days, I felt it wise to simply book with the operating airline.  AFAIK, there are no hidden surcharges with EZ-Air and what we are booked at is the total cost.  I am not booked on reward flights, but I understand what you are getting at.  

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

AFAIK, there are no hidden surcharges with EZ-Air and what we are booked at is the total cost.  I am not booked on reward flights, but I understand what you are getting at.  

Good point about EZ Air, the instances I referred to were Reward Flights.