Cancellation not including the CruiseNext amount

luvavacation

I just completed the cancellation of my cruise with the online form.  The total does not include the $250 CruiseNext certificate.  I am not sure if everyone else with those certificates has also had this happen?

The certificate expires on May 1.  When I spoke to an NCL rep last week, I was told that the CruiseNext certificates would be included in the refund, and then they would be voided.  I suppose the rep had incorrect information.

Does anyone know what is happening with those expiring certificates?  I figure I will call NCL in a couple days, just to give the phone lines time to quiet down, if I don't hear anything before then, but maybe someone here already knows what happens to those expiring certificates?

Each of the four Cruise Next Certificates we had on 2 cancelled cruises in March and April was put back in our NCL account online and six months additional usage time was added. Go check your NCL.com account. Hope this helps calm you a wee bit.

This is interesting. If this is the case, my strategy may have to change. My two options are either wait for NCL to cancel or file a CFAR claim for 75% refund. I am not interested in the gift certificate option.

I've been holding out for NCL to cancel so I could get a full refund as opposed to 75%. But, all but $77 of my cruise fare was covered by a double up cruise next certificate and it sounds like they are being returned to the latitudes account. So, if NCL cancels, maybe a large portion of my cruise fare would be returned to my latitudes account for a future cruise, which is what I am trying to avoid,

Maybe the better strategy now is for me to cancel before NCL does which then subjects my entire cruise fare to penalty. I'd presumably forfeit the cruise next certificates that I used. I'd then file a claim with my travel insurance CFAR for 75% of my cruise fare and get that back in cash as opposed to Cruise Next Certificates being returned to my Latitudes account. NCL would then return my port charges and beverage charges since I am not using Peace of Mind offer.

16 minutes ago, blcruising said:

This is interesting. If this is the case, my strategy may have to change. My two options are either wait for NCL to cancel or file a CFAR claim for 75% refund. I am not interested in the gift certificate option.

I've been holding out for NCL to cancel so I could get a full refund as opposed to 75%. But, all but $77 of my cruise fare was covered by a double up cruise next certificate and it sounds like they are being returned to the latitudes account. So, if NCL cancels, maybe a large portion of my cruise fare would be returned to my latitudes account for a future cruise, which is what I am trying to avoid,

Maybe the better strategy now is for me to cancel before NCL does which then subjects my entire cruise fare to penalty. I'd presumably forfeit the cruise next certificates that I used. I'd then file a claim with my travel insurance CFAR for 75% of my cruise fare and get that back in cash as opposed to Cruise Next Certificates being returned to my Latitudes account. NCL would then return my port charges and beverage charges since I am not using Peace of Mind offer.

So you are going through these mental gymnastics for 25% of 77 dollars ?? Dude~

13 minutes ago, freddycruzr said:

No, your approach is too simplistic and the reason why many people make the wrong decision. The cruise portion is just one of many tangible cost components of a two week international trip. Then you have the intangible risk of keeping or unloading cruise next certificates which may or may not have value going forward. But, hey, thanks for sharing your simple analysis and your most unhelpful answer. Hopefully, someone here finds value in it. I surely didnt. Cheers.

Edited by blcruising

1 hour ago, freddycruzr said:

it gave me a chuckle.

im in the same boat. most of my april cruise is paid for by the 2 cn certs.

i get back like $150. im going to choose the fcc because i know i will be cruising with ncl again.

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

it gave me a chuckle.

im in the same boat. most of my april cruise is paid for by the 2 cn certs.

i get back like $150. im going to choose the fcc because i know i will be cruising with ncl again.

Think that through. If you have $500 of cruise next and CFAR, you can get 75%,  $375, cash for the certificates and not have to deal with the uncertainty of bankruptcy, inflated cruise prices, Coronavirus.

10 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Think that through. If you have $500 of cruise next and CFAR, you can get 75%,  $375, cash for the certificates and not have to deal with the uncertainty of bankruptcy, inflated cruise prices, Coronavirus.

its a gamble.

ncl will no go bankrupt. prices will not skyrocket short term when they are allowed to cruise again because they need to being passengers back, etc, etc.

you seem very risk averse so go for it

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 2