OBC from X Credit Card

Pennstatedj

Just had my Edge April 21 cruise cancelled. I asked for cash refund. Does anyone have any experience with the OBC we had from points accumulated from our X credit card we cashed in on for this cruise? I called RCCL and was switched to X on phone, Not quite sure how it works but the person from X says that when I book another cruise I should tell them that I have credit for OBC and it will be credited to the new cruise. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

Just had my Edge April 21 cruise cancelled. I asked for cash refund. Does anyone have any experience with the OBC we had from points accumulated from our X credit card we cashed in on for this cruise? I called RCCL and was switched to X on phone, Not quite sure how it works but the person from X says that when I book another cruise I should tell them that I have credit for OBC and it will be credited to the new cruise. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks. 

I would call back and have someone specifically put that in writing. Good luck!🤞

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 1

It's been years since I've had credit card OBC on a Celebrity cruise, so this may not be accurate any longer. 

When I used to deal with this, the application of the OBC was handled by the Captain's Club Desk staff (I don't know why, it just was).  I had occasion at least once to move some from one cruise to another.  If you call them at the Captain's Club number, and have your reservation number for the cancelled cruise, they should be able to get everything sorted.  If you already have another cruise booked, you could make it even easier by having that booking number at hand.  If you don't I suspect they'd be able to guide you appropriately. 

Harris

Denver, CO

When I cancelled our March 30th cruise earlier this month I went ahead and booked a replacement cruise during the same phone call using the fcc.  The Celebrity agent moved my cc points used OBC over to the new cruise.  I was able to take care of everything in one phone call, including the cancellation of booked excursions.  I did spend an hour on the phone but it was a very easy process, just time consuming. 

The rules for this are listed on your credit card page when you go to the points section. Or call the credit card and ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

10 hours ago, DragonflyCruiser said:

The rules for this are listed on your credit card page when you go to the points section. Or call the credit card and ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have BOA Visa card and this is what it says - 

MyCruise Rewards are considered fully redeemed and used once they have been redeemed for electronic fulfillment. There are no exchanges or refunds for no-shows or unused portions of cruise arrangements obtained with the use of a reward redemption. Name changes, departure date changes and itinerary changes may be subject to penalties such as cancellation fees and/or rate increases as determined by Royal Caribbean. If rate increases or cancellation fees are assessed, those assessments may not be paid for using MyCruise Rewards and/or the original value of a reward redemption. If Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise vacation you have booked, we will offer a credit of equal value of the reward redemption. You are encouraged to review your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation brochure to determine whether or not you should purchase travel insurance in connection with your trip.

20 minutes ago, djh said:

I have BOA Visa card and this is what it says - 

MyCruise Rewards are considered fully redeemed and used once they have been redeemed for electronic fulfillment. There are no exchanges or refunds for no-shows or unused portions of cruise arrangements obtained with the use of a reward redemption. Name changes, departure date changes and itinerary changes may be subject to penalties such as cancellation fees and/or rate increases as determined by Royal Caribbean. If rate increases or cancellation fees are assessed, those assessments may not be paid for using MyCruise Rewards and/or the original value of a reward redemption. If Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise vacation you have booked, we will offer a credit of equal value of the reward redemption. You are encouraged to review your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation brochure to determine whether or not you should purchase travel insurance in connection with your trip.

After I posted this we received a letter of common questions & answers from Celebrity.  They really covered a lot of ground for things being asked on CC now.  This was one of the responses about your question:  Contact customer service 1800-760-0654  Choose option #3   I hope you received the email too.  Lots of info.

Edited by DragonflyCruiser