Favorite Drink on Carnival....?

OceanDreamer

The dirty banana is a banana daquri and coffee, they are my husband's favorite.

My favorite is just the simple pina colada! Carnival's are so smooth and wonderful.

I think you mean coffee liquer (kahlua) right???? I know I have seen them put kahlua in the ones I have had... I wouldn't like them nearly as much if they put straight coffee in there :D LOL

The ones my husband drinks literally look like it has ground coffee beans in them (little specks). We even ordered a "virgin" one for one of our friends who didn't drink alcohol one year and it looked exactly the same and tasted like.....well banana frozen stuff with coffee in it LOL. I'm not sure what they would substitue for the Kahlua in those. We didn't know what they were in the beginning and the bar tender told us that it was "a banana dauquri with coffee" so I don't know really? I could be wrong, I'm not saying I'm not......

The ones my husband drinks literally look like it has ground coffee beans in them (little specks). We even ordered a "virgin" one for one of our friends who didn't drink alcohol one year and it looked exactly the same and tasted like.....well banana frozen stuff with coffee in it LOL. I'm not sure what they would substitue for the Kahlua in those. We didn't know what they were in the beginning and the bar tender told us that it was "a banana dauquri with coffee" so I don't know really? I could be wrong, I'm not saying I'm not......

YUK!!! LOL! I know I have seen the ones I've ordered on Carnival made with Kahlua (or some sort of coffee liquer) when I have seen them make them (but I don't always see them make them)... never seen coffee grounds thank goodness!! I'll have to keep an eye out next time... that is very interesting!!! That is my 2nd drink of the morning when cruising... I'll check it out next time!!! Thanks for letting me know!!

I always thought the dirty bananas were pretty gross but I'm not a coffee drinker LOL. (can't have caffeine) DH loves them though. I never even liked the idea of them......banana and coffee (even if it is just flavoring) Just give me two pina coladas! (one for each hand.......)

I thought it was Peach Schnapps, Apricot Brandy, Mango juice and grenadine.

Not entirely sure, but this is the exact reply I got from Carnival after my 2004 cruise:

In response to your inquiry:

Kiss On The Lips

Cuvee glass with Grenadine in then Peach Schnapps & Mango Mix Blended together and poured over.

Thank you again for contacting us.

I'm sure there are variations, all equally as yummy!!

I would say that I have two drinks tied for first place as favs. Definitely the Miamii Vice...and also the Green Apple Martini!

Kids can get a non-alcoholic version of the Miami Vice, which was my 16 year old daughter's almost daily addiction.:rolleyes:

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Valor~December 2005

I can't wait to try the Kiss on the Lips & Fun Ship on my cruise in April.

That is going to be the first drink I order! Never knew about them last year on the Conquest! By the time I finished the Miami Vice, I had a buzz! I am a cheap date!:p

... You can look at any of the drink lists posted and see the drinks offered, but generally you can order other things, not on the menu.

I have never seen any list of drinks posted at any of the bars. When I'm drinking I tend be be very un-observant, so that doesn't mean that they weren't there. Every time I cruise I always forget the names of these yummy sounding drinks and I really don't want to do that this time. Where should I look to find these lists?

Was just on Miracle and the bartender making mine wrote it down for me

2 oz Peach Schnapps

2 oz. Mango Rum

dash of Apricot Brandy

mix up in blender with ice

pur little grenadine in bottom of glass pour ice mixture

garnish with fresh pineapple and a cherry

voila'

I have since made it at home because I miss the cruise so much and

simply tastes the same just I have to make it instead of being waited on!

Was just on Miracle and the bartender making mine wrote it down for me

2 oz Peach Schnapps

2 oz. Mango Rum

dash of Apricot Brandy

mix up in blender with ice

pur little grenadine in bottom of glass pour ice mixture

garnish with fresh pineapple and a cherry

voila'

I have since made it at home because I miss the cruise so much and

simply tastes the same just I have to make it instead of being waited on!

I'll have to try it! That's funny that Carnival emailed me what they did...oh well, didn't get around to trying that recipe anyway! Cheers!

I have never seen any list of drinks posted at any of the bars. When I'm drinking I tend be be very un-observant, so that doesn't mean that they weren't there. Every time I cruise I always forget the names of these yummy sounding drinks and I really don't want to do that this time. Where should I look to find these lists?

There is a drink menu, generally sitting at every bar... if you don't see one, just ask for one...

As for the recipe above for the kiss on the lips... I believe he meant to write down mango mix (it is a non alcholic syrupy type mix) rather than mango rum...

My favorite is Kiss on the lips also! I also asked for the recipe and mine did not include apricot brandy!

Peach Snapps, Mango and grenadine. I have made them at home and they are just as good! I use Mango nectar for the mango in it.

We sail in 68 days and that will for sure be the drink I have in hand for the sail away and for every other event!

Archived