Conspiracy Theory

TAIC1234

LOL! Seriously though... I've got a 7 day , 2 cabins, scheduled for June 20th of this year. I've already had a price drop of just over $900 that I took advantage of about a month ago. Now, I'm looking on Carnival's website and I'm seeing ANOTHER $960 price drop. I booked Early Saver, and I am paid in full at this point, so I could price adjust down if I wanted to.

Now here's my "conspiracy" question?  Is it possible that Carnival wants me to jump on the price adjustment so that down the road, when they most likely cancel my cruise, the FCC they have to give me will be less? I hi-five'd my wife on the first price adjustment but now I'm wondering if I would be price adjusting myself out of a heftier FCC down the road if I take the second adjustment.  

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

I price adjusted before my March cruise was cancelled, but they refunded to my credit card. If you are risking all of that obc that you PAID and will not see it again if your cruise is cancelled, I wouldn't adjust it. I'm not sure of the rules on the early saver bookings.

19 minutes ago, TAIC1234 said:

LOL! Seriously though... I've got a 7 day , 2 cabins, scheduled for June 20th of this year. I've already had a price drop of just over $900 that I took advantage of about a month ago. Now, I'm looking on Carnival's website and I'm seeing ANOTHER $960 price drop. I booked Early Saver, and I am paid in full at this point, so I could price adjust down if I wanted to.

Now here's my "conspiracy" question?  Is it possible that Carnival wants me to jump on the price adjustment so that down the road, when they most likely cancel my cruise, the FCC they have to give me will be less? I hi-five'd my wife on the first price adjustment but now I'm wondering if I would be price adjusting myself out of a heftier FCC down the road if I take the second adjustment.  

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

It doesn’t work that way. When you get a price drop after final payment your total payment that you made stays the same. They give you the OBC to make up for the drop in price. So there is no reason to not accept the price drop, the amount your get back in FCC and/or refund will be the same. You will not be able to transfer the price drop OBC because you are still getting back everything you paid. 

• Like 2

Well . . . this thread is truly misleading 

I was hoping for some wild stories, like:

COVID-19 was created by Christine Duffy to take-out NCL and gain CCL market share

Or

Coronavirus is a CDC fabrication created to force Carnival to eliminate communal tubs of butter

😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

Well . . . this thread is truly misleading 

I was hoping for some wild stories, like:

COVID-19 was created by Christine Duffy to take-out NCL and gain CCL market share

Or

Coronavirus is a CDC fabrication created to force Carnival to eliminate communal tubs of butter

😀

Now THIS is what I came into the thread for :'-)

Edited by iamsteph
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

It doesn’t work that way. When you get a price drop after final payment your total payment that you made stays the same. They give you the OBC to make up for the drop in price. So there is no reason to not accept the price drop, the amount your get back in FCC and/or refund will be the same. You will not be able to transfer the price drop OBC because you are still getting back everything you paid. 

I've had 2 price drops on a sailing in July that is paid in full and my PVC has given me a refund to my payment method on both price drops, not OBC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jesskuhmarie said:

Wouldn't your FCC just be what you paid? It shouldn't matter what is cruise price vs. OBC, what you paid it what you paid and that is what your FCC or refund will be.

exactly. if you have OBC from "overpaying" (because your cruise fare dropped and it happened after final payment) you get an FCC for the total paid, but you don't get the OBC too.