Can you get an offer changed?

tennboy1981

So I am booked on a cruise July 25th.  My final payment has not been made yet.  I just noticed that my friend who is going with me has a better offer code with more OBC.  Would there be a way I could call and get his offer switched?  Has anyone ever done this before?

I believe so.   

I use a PVP for this very reason.  

Sometimes she books a cabin and I never speak to her again.  Other times, I have lots of questions.   

Please report back whether it works for you.  Good luck. 

2 hours ago, tennboy1981 said:

So I am booked on a cruise July 25th.  My final payment has not been made yet.  I just noticed that my friend who is going with me has a better offer code with more OBC.  Would there be a way I could call and get his offer switched?  Has anyone ever done this before?

Yes you can always check back for better deals before the final payment and they will switch it  no problem. You can also reschedule the cruise to another one with a better deal and get the excess money you already paid turned into on board credit.

7 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Yes you can always check back for better deals before the final payment and they will switch it  no problem. You can also reschedule the cruise to another one with a better deal and get the excess money you already paid turned into on board credit.

The above is true if the offer is for the OP but it wasn't.  The offer was for their friend, not them.   The only way that I can think of is for them to cancel their cruise and the friend then book it in their name.  If  the offer isn't in your name,  they won't give it to you.

Hopefully the OP has either a PVP or a TA.  OP and friend call  together and at the same time, OP cancels and friend books before cabin is sold to someone else.

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The above is true if the offer is for the OP but it wasn't.  The offer was for their friend, not them.   The only way that I can think of is for them to cancel their cruise and the friend then book it in their name.  If  the offer isn't in your name,  they won't give it to you.

Hopefully the OP has either a PVP or a TA.  OP and friend call  together and at the same time, OP cancels and friend books before cabin is sold to someone else.

I have been thinking about this situation a lot lately.  I'm ready to book a cruise, looking at December of this year.  We need two identical rooms, both full with 4 people.  I have a great rate with OBC, all others have what I would call "normal" rates.  I figured that if the cruise lines were struggling as hard as a lot of people think, they might start taking offers to fill the ships.  I would have booked in a heartbeat if both rooms could be booked under my VIFP offer.  Thought I could call and pitch it to my PVP and see what happens.

16 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I have been thinking about this situation a lot lately.  I'm ready to book a cruise, looking at December of this year.  We need two identical rooms, both full with 4 people.  I have a great rate with OBC, all others have what I would call "normal" rates.  I figured that if the cruise lines were struggling as hard as a lot of people think, they might start taking offers to fill the ships.  I would have booked in a heartbeat if both rooms could be booked under my VIFP offer.  Thought I could call and pitch it to my PVP and see what happens.

I would definitely suggest calling your PVP. I know it is not always applicable to every rate, but sometimes they are able to extend the offer to the second room. I had to re-book my cancelled march cruises and I had four rooms and only two of them had really good rates. The guy was able to extend the offer to the other two rooms as well, so I got the good deal on all the rooms. 

26 minutes ago, CoachAname said:

I would definitely suggest calling your PVP. I know it is not always applicable to every rate, but sometimes they are able to extend the offer to the second room. I had to re-book my cancelled march cruises and I had four rooms and only two of them had really good rates. The guy was able to extend the offer to the other two rooms as well, so I got the good deal on all the rooms. 

I might just go ahead and try that.  I've always wondered why they wouldn't be more open to extending a VIFP offer to a 2nd room, especially in a time like now that they might be struggling to fill staterooms.