Will Viking extend current Final Payment Dates

bbtondo

4 hours ago, cornflakecounter said:

My apologies for the TA referral comment.  Didn’t realize that was against the rules. I’ll delete that part of my post if I can.  

thanks for the responses.  Do all the river cruise lines have this payment policy?  Or is this a Viking anomaly?

You can't delete the comment, so don't worry about it. You have 20 minutes after posting to edit a post; after that point only moderators can delete posts and then they only do it if there something really offensive about the post.  Now you know why you won't get much of a response to your request and you know to avoid the topic for the future.

As for the Viking payment policy, it has a history. Viking started as a river cruise company. It announced cruises one season at a time and it always asked for payment in full at the end of the month in which you booked. Viking continued the policy when it opened up the Oceans division, even though they were now booking two years in advance for some sailings. It slowly loosened up the policy to 6 months in advance and then suddenly in November, 2018, reverted to the longer horizon of anywhere from a year to much longer, depending on the cruise. Viking has always been an outlier.

Regardless of the policy, Viking fills its ships and it fills them quickly. The new Mississippi cruises which won't even start sailing until the end of 2022 are selling like hot cakes, even in today's uncertain environment.  People want to sail with Viking regardless of the payment policy.