Linking Reservations

jessed

Unless things have changed in the past year or so, you'll have to call...and even then, be prepared to give some detailed information.

For example, it's not enough to know the other couples booking #, sailing date, etc.  You'll probably be also asked for their PIN # as a security precaution.  Last time I attempted to do this, the rep told me that without you knowing that PIN # their hands were tied....even if the other couple haven't assigned a PIN # to their sailing yet.

In essence, the way it was described to me, the other couple have to call Carnival, establish a PIN #, then tell you what that # is.  From there, you can take their info, call Carnival, and link the bookings.

Bottom line, for me, it was easier just to wait to get on the ship then go to Guest Services.

Garnett

24 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

If you booked through a TA he/she will do it for you.

And if you booked through different TA's you don't need a pin #. That's a Carnival thing. When we had our dining linked for our Panorama cruise in Feb., I just gave my booking number to my friends and they contacted their TA. I also contacted my TA but when she checked, she saw that the other TA had already done it so she didn't need to do anything.

9 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Unless things have changed in the past year or so, you'll have to call...and even then, be prepared to give some detailed information.

For example, it's not enough to know the other couples booking #, sailing date, etc.  You'll probably be also asked for their PIN # as a security precaution.  Last time I attempted to do this, the rep told me that without you knowing that PIN # their hands were tied....even if the other couple haven't assigned a PIN # to their sailing yet.

In essence, the way it was described to me, the other couple have to call Carnival, establish a PIN #, then tell you what that # is.  From there, you can take their info, call Carnival, and link the bookings.

Bottom line, for me, it was easier just to wait to get on the ship then go to Guest Services.

Garnett

Waiting until you are on the ship defeats the purpose of linking bookings, assuming the reason you want to link bookings is to be seated at the same table in the MDR. I have linked bookings on roughly two dozen cruise on Carnival to ensure family and/or friends we were cruising with were seated together in the MDR. I may be missing something, but I don’t know any other reason why you would link bookings.  

I understand your point, but don't necessarily agree.  In my case, I had several bookings to link (for dining purposes).  Rather than try to get PIN's from everyone, it was simpler to go to the maitre d' after boarding and request the changes, which we did.

For other needs, I went to Guest Services (billing, etc).

I guess whatever is "easiest" depends upon your situation and individual mindset.

Garnett

23 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Garnett

When I did it, I did not need a PIN. I just gave my PVP the other couple's name, room, and booking number, and he took care of it for us.

1 hour ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Good to know.  Thanks. 

How long ago was this?  Just trying to gauge if this is a new process (not asking for the PIN) or if the process varies by which rep you get on the phone.

Garnett

From my experience, it depends on who you reach when calling Carnival to link bookings. I have experienced three different things over the past several years. One, they will link it if you provide the reservation and PIN number for another booking. Two, they will link it if you provide the reservation number and birthdate of a person on another booking. Three, they will link the bookings without providing anything more than the reservation number. I have experienced all of these multiple times, so I have no idea which one is the correct way.