Cruise Next Extension

lfox02

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with NCL. We had to cancel a cruise we had reserved for the beginning of next year (work reasons, not COVID-19!). Just wanted to pass on a positive experience. I had no wait time to speak with a representative, and my cruise next certificates are being extended to Oct 2022 instead of expiring next year! Grateful that I had great service from a courteous rep, and will be much more likely to be booking with NCL (as soon as we can find a good deal).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's good news for you Ifox02, thanks for sharing.

Now, given that none of us can go on NCL cruises probably for the next few months at least, what are NCL doing about extending CruiseNext certificates in general?  Or will they let them expire, having already taken our money?  Step up to the plate, NCL, and do the right thing by your loyal customers!

4 hours ago, techappl said:

That's good news for you Ifox02, thanks for sharing.

Now, given that none of us can go on NCL cruises probably for the next few months at least, what are NCL doing about extending CruiseNext certificates in general?  Or will they let them expire, having already taken our money?  Step up to the plate, NCL, and do the right thing by your loyal customers!

Call them and ask for an extension, usually not a problem. Or book a cruise for 2021, you can always cancel it later and apply the CND to a later cruise.

• 1 month later...

My CruiseNext certificates expire in October.  I just called and was told no extension.  They insisted that I needed to book a cruise (sail date can be past my CN expiry date) in order to apply my CN certificates (their definition of extension).  I don't know if this is what others meant by "extension".  Very disappointed! 

Edited by EverBlue

We, too, had to cancel and book outside of expiration date for our Cruise Next. Our TA told us it was pretty standard for them to give a one-time extension on those and she would get back to us. Indeed she was right as they added one full calendar year to the expiration date.

If there's anything I can be thankful for in all this 'stuff' is having an A+ TA who handles all of this for us. Saves us a lot of hassle and sitting on the phone.

I emailed Cruise Next a few weeks ago as I had 2 certs expiring next year, and no time to take a cruise. They stated that once you book a cruise, you can "request" that they extent the certs for up to one year, and have them applied to that cruise.

It did work for me, I booked a late 2022 cruise and my travel agent was able to call in and have the certs extended and applied to that cruise.

42 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

I emailed Cruise Next a few weeks ago as I had 2 certs expiring next year, and no time to take a cruise. They stated that once you book a cruise, you can "request" that they extent the certs for up to one year, and have them applied to that cruise.

It did work for me, I booked a late 2022 cruise and my travel agent was able to call in and have the certs extended and applied to that cruise.

So you do need to book a cruise.  Why can't they just extend short expiry dates for anyone affected by COVID-19?  I don't feel comfortable booking a cruise right now.  If they end up expiring my certificates, I will not cruise with NCL again!

Edited by EverBlue

1 minute ago, EverBlue said:

So you do need to book a cruise.  Why can't they just extend short expiry dates for anyone affected by COVID-19?  I don't feel comfortable booking a cruise right now.  If they end up expiring my certificates, I will not cruise with NCL again!

The official stance is that you have to book a cruise before you can request an extension. There are stories where NCL has proactively offered extensions, or reactivated expired certificates. I would assume that will be the case, but you can never count on it unless it actually happens.

4 hours ago, Jason82 said:

I called NCL, re-booked a future cruise and in doing so was told my FCC would be extended. 

Please take note that the FCC (Future Cruise Credit that you receive from NCL when your cruise is cancelled) and the Cruise Next certificate (that this thread is about) are two different things.

The CNs are purchased while on cruise and they are valid for 4 years. The FCCs are valid for one year.

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, EverBlue said:

My CruiseNext certificates expire in October.  I just called and was told no extension.  They insisted that I needed to book a cruise (sail date can be past my CN expiry date) in order to apply my CN certificates (their definition of extension).  I don't know if this is what others meant by "extension".  Very disappointed! 

I understand it's a bit tricky, but you won't lose your CruiseNext. Book a cruise 2 years out, when you decide on your next cruise, cancel the booking and transfer the certificate you used.

They can also be transferred. If you aren't booking a cruise right now, you can transfer them to a family member,  friend, coworker,  even a stranger.  I have sold quite a few to people who are booking a cruise and don't have them.

I have some FCC that I thought I would have to book so I  wouldn't lose it, but it turns out I am booking a cruise in the next week.

good luck

4 hours ago, cruisingcharliek said:

I understand it's a bit tricky, but you won't lose your CruiseNext. Book a cruise 2 years out, when you decide on your next cruise, cancel the booking and transfer the certificate you used.

They can also be transferred. If you aren't booking a cruise right now, you can transfer them to a family member,  friend, coworker,  even a stranger.  I have sold quite a few to people who are booking a cruise and don't have them.

I have some FCC that I thought I would have to book so I  wouldn't lose it, but it turns out I am booking a cruise in the next week.

good luck

Keep in mind that the post you're responding was posted over a year ago and that member hasn't posted on CC since...

Edited by hallux