Seven Corners Travel Insurance Rocks

Elaine5715

Seven Corners Travel Insurance transferred my May 2020 cruise travel insurance policy to my 2021 February cruise without penalty since I agreed that there would be no claims against my cancelled cruise policy.  YIPPEE... Check your travel insurance issuer and see if they are doing something similar.   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Seven Corners Travel Insurance transferred my May 2020 cruise travel insurance policy to my 2021 February cruise without penalty since I agreed that there would be no claims against my cancelled cruise policy.  YIPPEE... Check your travel insurance issuer and see if they are doing something similar.   

I'm not familiar with that company, but that's common practice in the industry.

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Common to transfer insurance taken out in case of canceled travel?  Isn't that why you buy insurance?

I was in both the insurance and travel businesses. Travel insurance is a unique product that can't easily be compared to policies you're familiar with such as auto or homeowners insurance.

Since in this case there's not the possibility of your being subject to any financial loss for the cruise, and hence neither is the insurance company because the cruise line cancelled it, the insurer grants you a credit that can be used toward a future cruise.

Every time I've cancelled an insured cruise for which the insurance company had no potential coverage liability the travel insurer has always given a credit toward a future policy.