Is my July cruise about to be cancelled?

a3593

11 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Just went into check to see if my July 13 and July 17 B2B on Liberty out of Port Canaveral was still there. It's gone. Only cruise in July out of Canaveral is Elation, no Liberty. Breeze is still there for the 7 day.

We are on the 7/25 cruise (Breeze) 104 days from today. We'll see. We are close to the Port, so no airfare or hotel is needed.

First, CDC is not "asking" cruise lines not to sail for 100 days. It has told them. There won't be another cruise ship leaving or entering a U.S. port until the government says otherwise.

Secondly, reduced capacity would reduce the risk of spread. (Fewer passengers = fewer potentially contagious passengers.  Also fewer crowds, more opportunity to keep a distance and lower the risk).

Reduced capacity doesn't eliminate risk, obviously. But it's likely to be a condition of any phased-in return of "normal" life ... in restaurants, ships, jetliners and especially aboard cruise ships.

Reread the CDC directive. It raises fundamental problems for mass-market cruising ... and they don't go away after 100 days. Anyone believing the Behemoth of the Seas will be sailing in 2020 with a full crew and 5,500 passengers has another rude awakening ahead.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, caribsun said:

I cancelled our Sunrise July 15th cruise on April 8th, lost our deposit but not taking any chances. Cruising will be on hold. 

Why is your deposit lost? Shouldn't you recieve a refund of it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

First, CDC is not "asking" cruise lines not to sail for 100 days. It has told them. There won't be another cruise ship leaving or entering a U.S. port until the government says otherwise.

Secondly, reduced capacity would reduce the risk of spread. (Fewer passengers = fewer potentially contagious passengers.  Also fewer crowds, more opportunity to keep a distance and lower the risk).

Reduced capacity doesn't eliminate risk, obviously. But it's likely to be a condition of any phased-in return of "normal" life ... in restaurants, ships, jetliners and especially aboard cruise ships.

Reread the CDC directive. It raises fundamental problems for mass-market cruising ... and they don't go away after 100 days. Anyone believing the Behemoth of the Seas will be sailing in 2020 with a full crew and 5,500 passengers has another rude awakening ahead.

You are correct. The CDC is not asking. The CDC is TELLING the cruise lines YOU CANNOT SAIL for an ADDITIONAL 100 days from April 14. That brings the total to 130 days from March 14. They added the 100 to the already 30. Ships are not allowed to sail in US controlled water. So the NO SAIL order now takes it to about mid JULY. Unless they change it again.

1 hour ago, a3593 said:

Why is your deposit lost? Shouldn't you recieve a refund of it?

not if you voluntarily cancel. If they waited for Carnival to cancel, they would have received a full refund

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribsun said:

I cancelled our Sunrise July 15th cruise on April 8th, lost our deposit but not taking any chances. Cruising will be on hold. 

I received a letter in March from carnival that all bookings June- September could cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing  and fcc for  any penalty would be applied to future cruise within one year of sail date .. so they would not carry your deposit over for a year on a future cruise ? Lots can happen in a year 

My cruise is on the Liberty out of Galveston on June 21st. I booked through *****.com and saw today my cruise for $1000 less now than what I paid. I emailed the agent and haven't heard back yet. Can I expect anything from this? I realize the chances of taking this cruise are slim but these prices are great. What's the old saying, too good to be true?

Peace and stay well.

Screenshot_20200411-104059_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, railroader said:

My cruise is on the Liberty out of Galveston on June 21st. I booked through *****.com and saw today my cruise for $1000 less now than what I paid. I emailed the agent and haven't heard back yet. Can I expect anything from this? I realize the chances of taking this cruise are slim but these prices are great. What's the old saying, too good to be true?

Peace and stay well.

Screenshot_20200411-104059_Chrome.jpg

I have one booked out of Galveston on June 6. Mine is much less now as well . My understanding is they apply the difference in obc . Not sure if that is lost if they cancel if you are past final payment . You may want to ask your agent first if you already paid in full 

1 minute ago, UrbishN said:

I have one booked out of Galveston on June 6. Mine is much less now as well . My understanding is they apply the difference in obc . Not sure if that is lost if they cancel if you are past final payment . You may want to ask your agent first if you already paid in full 

How are y'all even seeing these?  We're booked on 6/20 out of Galveston (Vista) and it's no longer showing up, in fact there nothing prior to 6/27 showing for any port.  We have one couple in our party that couldn't rebook when the rest did (she works in healthcare are there were more pressing issues than approving vacation time), trying to find a way to get them on the ship with us (assuming we go, which is looking pretty unlikely nowadays).

3 minutes ago, eileen2664 said:

How are y'all even seeing these?  We're booked on 6/20 out of Galveston (Vista) and it's no longer showing up, in fact there nothing prior to 6/27 showing for any port.  We have one couple in our party that couldn't rebook when the rest did (she works in healthcare are there were more pressing issues than approving vacation time), trying to find a way to get them on the ship with us (assuming we go, which is looking pretty unlikely nowadays).

I saw if a few weeks ago on my sailing . It’s gone now and I did nothing .. pretty sure mine will be cancelled . I think June 27 was removed more recently or they may still be a few 

April 13 will be the end of the first 30 days the CDC wanted no cruises for 30 days. If they file for the additional 100 on monday that will then take it to July 22 preventing cruises line from cruising in US controlled watters till then. So I would think ALL cruises booked up to then will be cancelled.

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

April 13 will be the end of the first 30 days the CDC wanted no cruises for 30 days. If they file for the additional 100 on monday that will then take it to July 22 preventing cruises line from cruising in US controlled watters till then. So I would think ALL cruises booked up to then will be cancelled.

cdc order states that cruise ships can't board passengers and return to their sailing schedules until one of three events takes place:

• Expiration of the Department of Health and Human Services' declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency.

• The CDC director's own decision to modify or rescind its no-sail decision.

• Passage of 100 days from the time the new order is published in the Federal Registry

Just to clarify to the lady who said Cozumel is desperate for tourists....NO WE ARE NOT....we do NOT want tourists at the moment while we are in quarantine. Our beaches are closed, resorts are closed, restaurants are take out or delivery only, elderly confined to indoors, and so many more restrictions.  When we open Mexico for business we will welcome our tourists back, but right now...STAY AWAY

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 48traveler said:

cdc order states that cruise ships can't board passengers and return to their sailing schedules until one of three events takes place:

• Expiration of the Department of Health and Human Services' declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency.

• Passage of 100 days from the time the new order is published in the Federal Registry

I made a 9 day error. If they file monday it will end July 22. April 13 will be 30 days. Monday is April 13 so another 100 days will take it to July 22. Unless they change it or file it another day not monday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:
On 4/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, rtazz17 said:

Reduced capacity? Now thats funny. I know where you got that and that wont happen. They have a very fine line for profitability. Ships need to be full.  Reducing capacity wont change virus spread. You touch this,this,this,this etc...... that does zilch

I'm  with you. The statement says reduced capacity but if you have a cruise scheduled and you are logged ,as I was , I could find a June cruise from Galveston and there are rooms left but not many  

On 4/11/2020 at 5:31 AM, marshhawk said:

Well with the CDC asking cruise lines to not sail with a new hold in port date of 100 days from 4/9, I guess Carnival is turning off the July cruise bookings so that they wont have to contact so many folks about cancellation.  If things get back to normal by then, then folks will probably be eager to finish filling up the ships.  

On 4/11/2020 at 5:31 AM, marshhawk said:

Well with the CDC asking cruise lines to not sail with a new hold in port date of 100 days from 4/9, I guess Carnival is turning off the July cruise bookings so that they wont have to contact so many folks about cancellation.  If things get back to normal by then, then folks will probably be eager to finish filling up the ships.