Garden Villa price?

jfs9900

Let me first start by saying I have never cruised with NCL before, I have been on RCL, CCL, and DCL. I usual travel with a group (family), and we usually try to get a larger stateroom that will accommodate everyone (5 to 6) passengers. Most of the time its about the same on a per person cost for a suite than it is to get 2 or 3 connecting rooms...

Back to my question - I was looking at Hawaii cruises (7day) and NCL has probably the best offering. The Pride of Hawaii offers a "Garden Villa" and "COURTYARD VILLA" rooms. I priced it out in on the NCL site and I have not been able to find a date where the Courtyard is available. Under the Courtyard Villia lists a $4,873 "Vacation Price" that's per person for the first 2 people... but when I click on "select" i get an error - so I cant get full pricing, I think the category is probably completely booked. But if the 2 person rate is 4873 and the 3-6 passenger was booked at 1000 per preson the total trip cost would be around $8800.00

However when I select Garden Villa it lists $14,171 "Vacation Price" and when I click on select it gives a stateroom and then $30,740.12 as the entire price for 6 people.

It seems that the Garden Villa is available on almost every week I have selected, with only slight variations in price.

On a per person rate that Garden Villa works out to be $5100+ per person... and seems to be a over-priced. Could I be wrong? If this is the correct price it doesn't look like anyone is getting the room because there is a lot of availability.

Could anyone give me an idea of the difference between the Garden Villa and the Courtyard Villa?

Differences between a Garden and Courtyard Villa:

Category A1: Garden Villa (14500 & 14000)

5,750 square feet including balconies

Each Garden Villa is complete with living room, dining room and three separate bedrooms each with king- or queen-size bed, private luxury bath. One bedroom also features a full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower.

Butler service and concierge available. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck. Sleeps 6 adults, plus room for 2 rollaway beds and 3 cribs.

NOTE: My 3 bedroom, two bath house is only 1200 square feet.

Category A3: Courtyard Villas

700 square feet including balcony

Living area, private balcony, dining area, separate bedroom with queen-size bed, separate children's bedroom, and one bedroom features a luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Butler service and concierge available. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck.

Category A4: Courtyard Villas

650 square feet including balcony

Living area, private balcony, dining area, separate bedroom with queen-size bed, and luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Butler service and concierge available. Access to exclusive concierge lounge and private courtyard area with pool, hot tub and sundeck.

5,750 square feet in comparison to 650 to 700 square feet. The Garden Villa is 10 times larger!

Doeeeeeeeeees thiiiiiiiiiis aaaaaaaaaanswer yoooooooooour quuuuuuuuuueston?

With that comparison I can understand the difference. Any reason why room 10x larger only accommodates 1 additional passenger?

Seems like with all that additional room they could accommodate more passengers - like RCL's new Presidential Family Suite on the new Freedom of the Seas.

It doesn't seem that the Garden Villa is that popular - as it is completely open on almost every sail date I have looked at.

That's the reason there is only two of them.

But if you book one of them, expect to pay a fortune.

You're not booking a room, or a few bedrooms, but a fairly large house, including living, dining, three bedrooms and several full sized bath rooms.

The only things not included are a kitchen and a garage.

I think they include the extensive outside verandah and sun deck in the square footage too. The interior living space itself doesn't look to be much more than 1000 square ft. But the private garden and sun deck will certainly push the footage up. I'd have to throw may own cover party just to be able to afford that room :eek: . LOL!

Here's a question I always wondered. Will NCL negotiate on the Garden Villa price? In other words, if at a month out the Garden Villa is still available is it possible to offer them and get it for $20,000 instead of $30,000?

About 2 weeks ago (1 month from sailing date) the price on the garden villa for our STAR cruise came down to $6,900 pp from the original $13,000 pp price. It stayed that way for about 10 days... and was only available at that price to Lattitude members.

:)

logcabin,

I was offered the Garden Villa on the Dawn for our December 1, 2005 10 day cruise for $17,500 for 6 people. That was on October 9th for a December 1st cruise. Probably would have been lower if closer to the sailing date.

While on the cruise we were talking to Claudio, the Concierge, and he told us that the Garden Villa was booked for the next cruise and that a German couple paid full price for it, $26,000. Most of the times it is only sold when an upsell is given.

We kept our Owner's Suite and had a great cruise!

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Here's a question I always wondered. Will NCL negotiate on the Garden Villa price? In other words, if at a month out the Garden Villa is still available is it possible to offer them and get it for $20,000 instead of $30,000?

Sure - The Garden villas on my cruise Sunday have been booked for over 6 months. The next cruise on the 23rd still has one open and the current special pricing is 7902 cruise fare for the first two passengers and 395 for 3+. Normal noncom and taxes apply.

So in this case you could pick it up for 16K all in for 2 plus about 700 per each additional passenger.

The deal they had offered me on the GV for the Star cruise last week was $6500 on top of the $6900 already paid for the AA and BA for a total of $13400 for 4 people.

Such a deal, since I had already gotten the BA for 50% off. But I passed in favor of a koi pond, reflecting pool and waterfall.

The deals do exist and are negotiable.

I stayed in the Garden Villa on the Jan 12th sailing, 2 weeks before I called the upsell desk at ncl they gave me a price of 16950 for 6. When the booking went back to my T.A. which was cosco it dropped to 15250 for six. The best move I ever made well worth it. Everone has to try it once.

Laurel

It was a straight out price Total 15250 for 6 adults. NCL played with us alittle at first.

I was pleasantly surprised when Costco sent me a e-mail to adjust the insurance they started out with the total price. We over paid NCL by 1350.

So I called Costco and they refunded it via a check. I don't know if I would have received a refund without a call . We are thinking of booking the same room next Jan we will see what happens to the price.

Robbie

• 8 years later...

To those of you have stayed in Villas, have you ever hosted a party? I know soft drinks, snacks, some liquor are provided, but wonder how much it would cost to invite a bunch of people in for light refreshments and beverages. Also wonder if this can be arranged ahead of time for a specific day on the cruise.

Also, does anyone know... if you book a cabin or villa and the price drops between the time of booking and sailing, do you automatically get a discount or are you stuck with the price you agreed to?

Thanks for any help. Barbara

This is an 8 year old post so the data is way out of date. But, in answer to your question, in any suite a party with refreshments and snacks can be arranged with your butler for a cost. You can call the pre concierge and tell them what you have in mind, they will contact the ship and give you a price. If you accept the price you can set up a date and time. Your butler will take care of it on board.

That's the reason there is only two of them.

But if you book one of them, expect to pay a fortune.

You're not booking a room, or a few bedrooms, but a fairly large house, including living, dining, three bedrooms and several full sized bath rooms.

The only things not included are a kitchen and a garage.

Actually there IS a galley kitchen in some GV's! And don't forget the private courtyard and entire upper private sun deck!

NO comparison to any other suites.....including RCI's Royal Suitea etc.